Pancreas Or end of the road...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LGoddess, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LGoddess

LGoddess Member

I've now posted multiple times about Dollbaby (female, 14, diabetic 2 years). On August 30th she left jelly like blood all over my blanket.

Today I rushed her to the vet because her sugar had dropped to 59, had a temperature of 103, her rear-end was convulsing on the bed with clumps of the jelly-like blood kept coming out, and she was a bit blue. The vet put her in an oxygen tank for 3 hours, gave her fluids through a catheter, pain reliever, did a chest x-ray, and blood work. Nothing was found. Her oxygen levels in her blood are only 89% as opposed to 96% where it should be.

I brought her home with me (because the overnight emergency vet is $$$) so I can keep an eye on her. Tomorrow she goes in for an ultrasound since they have no idea at this point what is going on with her. They mentioned it could be the pancreas or another gland. If they still can't find anything... She told me that there will be nothing else for them to do for her.

I'm scared. I don't know how to tell when there is nothing left to do for her. She seems okay 95% of the time, then she splatters blood everywhere, and acts like she can't breathe. I broke down crying repeatedly at the vet's office today.

2. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

You are both in my prayers this evening,

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I wish I had advice for you all I can offer is prayers and you have them.
    jeanne

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh L, that sounds terrible. i really do feel for you. i suppose the ultra sound will show something... i really do. i suspect you should brace yourself. there is only so much you can do...and then there is the kindest act we ever make for out kitties. take their pain upon ourselves.
    i pray this is not the case for you.
    please keep us posted, or just relieve you fears here..we all understand that horrible gut wrenching worry about our precious babies.
    lori
    please let us know your first name hun, would you?

5. LGoddess

LGoddess Member

Thank you. I'm Amanda.

If it comes to needing to take her home, I'll drive her back to our home (3 hours away) where we were both born and have her old vet help us out...

I'm just... I don't want to play God with the life of my truest, best, and most wonderful friend. Dad and I agreed years ago though, that we'd do what needs to be done to take care of our girls if it comes to them needing our help a final time. But we're both so young (I'm 25).

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh my, yes both of you are sooo young. illness has no respect for age.
    whatever you do i'm certain you baby is in the best hands of all, his mommie's.
    and before we jump the gun...there is still a whole lotta hope.

7. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

amanda, our thoughts and prayers are with you and babydoll...

celi & binks

8. RuthV

RuthV Member

I hope for the best for both of you. I'll speak to St. Francis tonight.

9. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

Positive thoughts, here.

10. SaraJaye

SaraJaye Member

So sorry Amanda - I hope they can figure this out with the ultrasound, and hopefully put your kitty on a road to recovery. Let us know what happens. Big prayers coming your way.

11. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed that they can find what is wrong and your baby will be on the road to recovery.

Mel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.