Pancreatitis???

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Haley & Franky, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haley & Franky

Haley & Franky New Member

I posted a couple weeks ago about Franky’s sugars being very high (400-500), her lethargy, and bloody urine. We went to the vet and she was given an antibiotic shot and put on an antibiotic for 14 days which she finished. We also took her to a different vet and this vet didn’t like that I was home testing. She had suggested the possibility of switching to lantus. She drew lab work on 7/9 which I just got back today. And her phosphorus was high at 12, creatinine 7.9, BUN 198, and Fructosamine 449. Now since this vet appt. Franky has been much much better. Her sugars are normalizing and she is more playful and eating well. I need advice on what to do next? Do I switch her food? She’s currently eating Young Again Zero and Fancy Feast Classics in between.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Great that she’s more playful and eating well!!! If you can, post her labs and someone here can look at them and give you more info. Was she tested for pancreatitis? One thing I can add is since her phosphorus is high, is stop the Fancy Feast and find a low carb, low phosphorus food. On Dr Lisa’s chart look for one that has less than 200mg or as close as you can get.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  3. Haley & Franky

Haley & Franky New Member

So I’ve uploaded her labs. She’s acting more off, just less playful. Her hind legs look a little weaker. I switched her to Tiki cat food due to her phosphorus level. She hasn’t been eating as much. She has a vet appointment next Friday. I kind of feel like the NPH is too harsh on her but I’m not sure. B530A1C3-E9F7-4303-A7E9-E64BCCE569E3.jpeg 65D912CA-55B4-4095-BD5E-6A14BFC6FAF1.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.