Paris just got diagnosed with acromegaly.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SUHPERDAVE, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUHPERDAVE

SUHPERDAVE New Member

Now what? I can't afford the treatment options the vet has given me. Controlling her insulin is very difficult. Life expectancy average of two years. I'm stunned... Help Please...

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

There is a forum on this board for kitties with Acromegaly that should help you.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/acromegaly-iaa-cushings-cats.12/
    Although that forum is not super active, you will get good advise, suggestions, and support there. It is now thought that 1 in 4 diabetic kitties have it. I would do some reading on that forum. Updating your spreadsheet and adding to your signature will help those who want to help you.
    @Wendy&Neko

SUHPERDAVE likes this.
  3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

You can only do the best you can. My MurrFee had acromegaly and did good on insulin for about two years. I just kept increasing his dose. I used a combination of Levemir and N insulins to reduce costs. At the end ye was on over 50 units of insulin twice daily.
    What tests were performed to ianose acromegaly and what were the test results. The BG values and doses in your spreadsheet to not really point to acromegaly.

4. SUHPERDAVE

SUHPERDAVE New Member

Paris hg reading is 325. I had that test done at Blue Pearl Emergency hospital in Southfield Michigan
    Thanks

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I will reply over on the high dose forum. See you there.

SUHPERDAVE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.