? PATCHES DIAGNOSIS.....

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ceil99, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceil99

ceil99 Member

UPDATE: Patches has cholangiohepatitis....pancreatitis test was normal! :( :)

So...........at this point, treatment consists of.........syringe feeding, Sub-q fluids, injectible pepcid, injectible B-12, and denamarin.

I do have appetite stimulants and cerenia on hand if needed, but vet wants to see if pepcid will help on its own at this point. I am going to leave the feeding tube option open if I don't feel I am getting enough food in her, as she is a good spitter outter, but we will re-visit that next week.

PLEASE SAY AS MANY PRAYERS AS YOU CAN FOR PATCHES AND ME THAT WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS!:arghh:

AlphaCat likes this.
  2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

You can do this Cecelia - I have NO doubt!

HUGS and prayers too...

3. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

Keeping my fingers crossed, best of luck!
    Sending healing vines and hugs to you and kitty.
    Marlena and Rocky:bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

*paws crossed* for you and Patches :bighug::cat:

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Keeping you and Patches in our thoughts and prayers! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and get-well vines for Patches, hugs for you! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

images (5).jpeg

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  8. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

You can do this!
    Wishing you both the best!
    I've got my Runswith on a couple of the meds you mention for other reasons. I hope Patches takes well to the stimulants and you're able to progress enough to not have to consider the feeding tube.
    Best of luck and patience to you both!

9. ceil99

ceil99 Member

NEED HELP!!! I need help with the schedule. this is not working out. She is having issues with the fluids..........

I give her injectible pepcid and her demarain pill between 7am - 8am. I try and give pepcid every 12 hrs...
    I give her syringed food between 9am - 10am.

I give her fluids between 1pm - 3pm and she has been throwing up when these start. why is she throwing up her food from 8am at 2pm? shouldn't that have been digested already? should i stop fluids all together? isn't eating more important than fluids??? :banghead:

I give another injectible pepcid between 7pm - 8pm.
    I give more syringed food between 9pm - 10pm.

THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!!

10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You might get more attention on your thread if you change your title to one asking for help. Add the blue question mark icon to the beginning of your title. Unfortunately I have no advice regarding the fluids issue. Have you contacted your vet?

ceil99 likes this.
  11. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Like Kris, I would suggest giving your vet a call.

Would it help if the fluids were divided up into 2 or more smaller amounts?

12. ceil99

ceil99 Member

i don't see where to change the title

13. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Scroll up to the top of the thread. On the righthand side, you will see "Thread Tools." Click on that, which will take you to "Edit Title." Click.
    Click where it says "No Prefix." Click on blue question mark.

ceil99 likes this.
  14. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

My Runswith is having a different issue, but this morning threw up after her pred pill. In the throw up was 4, yes 4 of the demarain pills. (And she ate pretty well yesterday.) So the Demarain isn't digesting and just sits there until she throws it up.
    I'll be checking with the vet tomorrow on what to do.
    I'd try to put in a call to your vet as well just to find out what to do. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    I have been going slower on the syringed fluids/food on throw up days. I do about 3mL of one or the other every hour if she's not eating/drinking by herself.
    (((Hugs)))

15. ceil99

ceil99 Member

Well, she threw up again about 1/2 hr ago and I wasn't doing anything to her. Could the demarain be making her sick? Does she maybe need time to adjust to it. I did not see the pill in her throw up, however.....was just some food. Now I am so confused, I don't know what to do. Call in to vet, but he won't be in until tomorrow and who knows when he will call

16. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

So here's what I was told, but keep in mind, we are in liver failure due to cancer... so our path is to bring home and make as comfortable as possible until the end, not treat/cure.
    Since she wasn't processing the Denamarin and would eventually throw them up vet said (because this is the liver med) to crush them up and put them in water and syringe them in. She was also given an anti nausea med at the vet.

I would wait a little while and then try to get fluids in Patches. (If there's throw up I go for original unflavored pedialyte.) Not too much, just to see if she'll hold it down, then maybe try alternating like I do each hour with food then pedialyte until you can call into the vet tomorrow.

The vet also gave me some nutrient dense wet food today since mine throws up so much right now to try to help absorb as much as she can...

How long ago was it that she ate something and held it down?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.