Patty and Sweet Pea

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peridot700, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peridot700

Peridot700 New Member

I am so relieved to find the FDMB website. My name is Patty and Sweet Pea was diagnosed with feline diabetes on Tuesday. She is a Lilac Seal Point Siamese and approx 7-8 yrs old. We just got her in November and her life has not been easy. An acquaintance found her, skin and bones, in her garage two years ago. She nursed her back to health, and with other strays, kept her fed and warm but she wasn't allowed to bring the cats in the house per her husband. We lost our cat in November and a friend told me about Sweet Pea so we brought her home. She had dental surgery in December and had six teeth pulled and had gingivitis. She is a sweetheart and even though I'm a nervous wreck about treating her diabetes, Ill do whatever it takes to keep her healthy.

beggargirl likes this.
  2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Hi Patty - welcome to the forum with your sweet kitteh Sweet Pea.

Our diabetic kitteh is Leo, and we also have Chinus, who is a siamese tortie mix. I'm sorry to hear about Sweet Pea's issues, but you are in the right place. And diabetes has a well known protocol. So most cats get into pretty good shape once you determine the dosing and feeding formula that works best for them.

Peridot700 likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! We are here to help!

Peridot700 likes this.
  4. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

Welcome! We are new too and only joined a couple of weeks ago!

K & Maji

Peridot700 likes this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! :)

Peridot700 likes this.
  6. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Peridot700 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.