GA Paula's Pepper is Flying Free

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by pjstroop, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi all,

It has been years since I have posted to this forum..

For those who remember us ~ I just wanted to let you know that with a heavy heart I set my Pepper free this morning.

Pepper was a diabetic for almost 8 years... wow! 7 years of his precious and loved life...

Thank you all (Jojo.. Jill... and many others) who helped me keep my boy for so long.

He is now snuggled up with my mother ~ whom I lost last year. He was her kitten!

Hang in there all of you who are just starting out. Pepper hung tight between 85 -110 for many years and was a very happy, furry, purry kitty

Hugs! cat_wings>o
    Paula

Dyana likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Paula))))

I'm probably among those who remember you and Pepper. I'm so sorry for your loss. Having a cat with FD strengthens the bond between you so I can only imagine how hard this decision was.

Fly free Pepper and land softly. There are many friends at the Bridge to keep you safe until you are reunited with the one you love best.

3. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

Hi Paula - I'm very new here but thank you for posting - I'm so very sorry for your losses. You are an amazing Mom to Pepper and the rest of us can learn from your example.

Fly free Pepper, land softly at the Bridge. Happy snuggles.

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I remember you and Pepper. My deepest condolences on your loss. May your memories of your many happy years together give you comfort.

5. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Paula, I actually don't know you, but I know the pain of losing a beloved little furry one. Just know that Pepper is running free and healthy, and will be waiting for you at the Bridge :rb_icon:

Hugz
    Darcy and Lebowski

6. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

You did an awesome job managing his diabetes! You also did an extremely difficult thing in letting him go.

Our kitties have met him with purrs and headbutts. Hopefully he will send you a sign soon to let you know he made it there safely.

cat_wings>o

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm sorry (((Paula))) I know how hard it is.
    Fly Free Precious Pepper. You Are Loved Very Much.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear ((((Paula)))),
    Pepper was a lucky kitty to have a long life filled with love. Fly free, dear boy, on your new golden wings. You are much loved and will be missed. :rb_icon:

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

9. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Thank you all so much!

I knew that I could come here and feel some comfort ~ as I miss him so much..

I am grateful to all of you (new and old friends).. :bighug:

I would not have had my Pepper for as long as I did without your support..

Paula and Pepper (GA) sooo hard to type that!

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's never easy to let one of our furbabies go, but sometimes it is best for them. You did the most loving thing. Sending prayers and hugs. Fly free Pepper. :bighug:

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  11. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((((((( Paula ))))))))))
    This is so sad. I saw this and couldn't type through the tears. I had to come back, but even now I can't find the words to adequately express my sorrow. Far too many of us "old-timers" have a good idea of what you're feeling today. A year ago I had to let Alex go, too. We know it's the right thing to do, but it's so hard.

My heart is saddened by your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May your heart and soul soon find peace and comfort in your memories.

Sending love and many, many hugs.

cat_wings>o Fly free handsome Pepper... land softly.

Paula, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. You've certainly had a rough year...

12. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We joined here a few years ago and missed knowing you and Pepper. We do know how important this place was for us to have our Zener stay with us after a diagnosis of FD, how strong the bond is we develop with our extra sweet kitties, and how very hard it is to say goodbye. Sending you hugs and comfort as you mourn the passing of your beloved Pepper.

13. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Tuck those memories in your heart of your happy, furry, purry, kitty, Pepper. Hugs and comforting prayers to you, Paula. Thank you for encouraging us caregivers.

14. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Paula}}}

Pepper's sweet face looks familiar to me. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You are right about this being a good place to come for comfort and commiseration. This is the kindest, most generous group of people I have ever known, and when one of us hurts, we all hurt.

Fly free, sweet Pepper, and land softly. :rb_icon: :bighug:

15. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Pepper.

{{hugs}}

16. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

With deepest sympathy on your loss. Fly free sweet Pepper cat_wings>o

17. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Paula,

I too remember you and Pepper. Soooo sorry it was time to let him go. It is so very hard. I had to set Oreo free 2 years ago as well.

Fly free dear Pepper and land softly surrounded by the other old timers who have gone before you.

18. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry it was Pepper's time to cross...sending our prayers and deepest sympathies...

19. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Paula. I too remember you and Pepper. I am so sorry that it was Pepper's time. Fly free little one, and land softly at the Bridge. mama misses you very much. All us old timers will always remember you.

20. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Paula, I'm so sorry that it was time for Pepper to leave. But the time you had together was so special, maybe because of the FD, Sienne is right, there is a special bond that forms

Fly Free. Sweet Pepper. You are with you first bean again.

21. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Grief.jpg
    (((((Paula)))))

Im so sorry.

Fly free sweet Pepper.

22. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free Pepper:rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.