Paw testing does anyone do it

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by housecats4, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Trey hates his ears touched but just wondering about paw testing

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

opps! Kath - please repost this in the HEALTH forum, you're in the techie forum right now, all about computers and techie stuff, lol

try it again ok? The Health forum

3. Ronnie & Luna

4. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

5. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Despite your assurances that he hates his ears touched, there is always a chance that you can test the ear. I was certain Squeak wouldn't let me and it turns out he is just fine with it.

So consider posting where you are located in case one of us lives nearby and can help you in person...

Jen

6. housecats4

I live in Canada is anyone here from PEIsland
    He will let us do it just we know from long ago he purfurrrrr not to have his ears played with LOL

7. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

S/he's on Prince Edward Island (East coast of Canada, north of Nova Scotia / New Brunswick), and totally picturesque!

8. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

We may have someone on PEI but its been awhile; we've a few in Nova Scotia... me, I'm in Alberta so of no help...

Personally, I much prefer ears over toes for the reason of 1. hygiene 2. fewer nerve endings, so if you can work on the ears, I would. I would sit on the floor with Squeak between my legs and brush him while warming his ear with a warm rice filled sock. Then I'd keep the sock in place to test. Squeak usually purrs when I test, and this is the same cat who has to be wrestled to get his teeth cleaned or muddy feet cleaned or anything else of that nature

Jen

9. Ronnie & Luna

KAth

take a look thru these links and video links for ear testing, these helped me a lot too - believe it or not, their ears get use to it and heal well.

Home Testing Links

keep at it - I know you can do it!

10. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

I'm in Ottawa now, but I'm from NB and family is still there. (probably not much use to you, but I am a fellow maritimer at heart :smile: )

Odiesmom

11. housecats4

Yes JJ that is the place Hello to all from good old PEI ok will keep on the ears poor baby thanks LOL Kath

12. Ronnie & Luna

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it but you can use regular neosporin ointment creme , just a little dab on the ears, this helps them heal faster, good to dab them before u go to bed, that gives them time to heal.

and they cant lick it off unless Trey's tongue can reach in his ears :lol:
    so just a dab is fine, if u wanna try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.