Peeing in the Corner - Best Method of Cleanup?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cini Mini's Mom, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cini Mini's Mom

Cini Mini's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone

For whatever reason, about once a year, Cini likes to remind me who's really in charge and will pee in the corner. cat(2)_steam

I soak up the area as best as I can and then use Nature's Miracle and pour it over the area and let it sit for about a half hour. Then I come back with towels and soak that up. The Nature's Miracle also says to place a damp cloth over the area for another hour to absorb the smell.

For the most part, that works and for all intents and purposes you can't tell he peed there. But, if I get on my hands and knees and really stick my nose to the carpet I can smell it.

Does anyone have any hints, tips suggestions or better methods out there for cat pee clean up?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

1) you may need to repeat the treament a couple of times to get the carpet not to smell

2) pull up that corner of the carpet and treat the backside of it, PLUS replace the foam padding under that spot because it is nearly impossible to get descented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.