Peeing on back legs and belly?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen & Angus(GA), Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

I had to give Minou a bath this morning. She some how managed to pee all over her back legs and belly. There was wet litter stuck to her belly and all over the walls around the litter box. It is a high sided box, so it must be from her shaking her legs. She got urine on the the bed and both nightstands. Has anyone else's kitty had this happen?

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

My male cat Sam had a urine issue a few years back, it was a block. Urine was leaking slowly out of him, the vet had to catheterize him and I think give fluids, I don't recall all that was done. He's been fine since.

I wonder if maybe Minou should be seen by a vet to make sure it's not crystals or a UTI.

3. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

Minou does have a history of struvite crystals. She has had two bouts of cystitis, but in those cases she was dribbling small amounts of bloody urine. Her pee ball seemed normal size, but I will keep an eye on her. Thanks!

4. heatherj932

heatherj932 Member

Hello,

Cyrus does this all of the time-always has. It gets "matted" into his hair and then I would have to cut the matts out. Finally yesterday, I took him to the groomer-they shaved his whole belly, rear legs, his man parts, etc. He actually loves his new look-and now I do not have to give him a baby wipe bath every time he uses the bathroom. I guess it's just called a "sanitary cut". Although Cyrus ended up with a Lion Cut.

Good Luck!!

Heather

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.