Peeing & Pooping on floor

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jeri Jacob, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeri Jacob

Jeri Jacob New Member

Keke 11 yrs old was diagnosed Dec 13- I immediately switched her to an all FF Pate diet from an all dry food diet.
    I was going to try that until Jan 2, retest and go from there.

She has started pooping and peeing on the floor at least once a day since switching to wet food. Weird thing is she also uses her litter box through out the day. Any clue as to why?

She has also stopped drinking water from her water bowl. I have been adding water to her can food and make a soup so maybe she isn't thirsty?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

All I can say from personal experience is that cats are expert at conveying their displeasure about something with their toilet habits - the diet change maybe? They also do it when they don't feel well. If her blood glucose is running high that can make her feel icky.

Adding water to the wet food meals is a great way to get water into your kitty. That's probably why she's not drinking from her bowl. There might also be a positive (lowering) effect of the diet change on her BG levels and she's less thirsty.

Jeri Jacob likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.