? Peeing Problem

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by G3rtrud3, Oct 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G3rtrud3

G3rtrud3 Member

Gertrude has just gotten over peeing on the carpet all over the house. She has an apartment in my room. Its just a big dog cage with a bed/food/water/litter box in it. She has been peeing in the litter box and now we don't have to lock her in there anymore. Just recently, she stopped peeing in the litter box. Now she peeing in her cage all in the tray where everything sits. I thought it was because the litter box was too small so I bought a bigger one but shes still not peeing in it. A bigger litter box won't fit and I don't know what to do. I can't keep deep cleaning her cage multiple times a day. Anyone have any ideas on what to do? Does she maybe have an infection?
    Edit: (Her spreadsheet isn't updated and I plan on updating it as soon as possible)

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If she had a UTI she may be associating the box with pain.

Try cat attract litter

Try puppy training pads

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

It may be worth ruling out a UTI.

Does her litter box have to be kept in the same 'cage' with her food and bed? I certainly would not want to have to use the bathroom where I eat or sleep. Maybe try putting it in a different spot.

4. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

Maybe you should have a test to see if she has a UTI. My vet sells this little pkg of sand, you clean out the litter box of all litter, urine & poo. You will only have a small amount of litter for her or him to pee on. In the pkg is a small syringe that you use to put the urine in, then take to the vet right away, do not leave out, if you cannot take this right away to the vet, put it in refrigerator. They will then somehow run a test for a UTI.

5. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Is she a big girl? My Fena has trouble sometimes with even a "large" litter box - she needs grande, x-large, jumbo, etc. She feels too "trapped" though it's totally open sided. Plus her perception isn't good about where her back end is, in relation to the edge of the box. I use puppy training/pee pads.

When she goes outside the box, does she "scratch" at the ground, to try and cover it, even though there's nothing there to cover it with?

Fena has that problem too - about 30% of the time, she'll paw the bare floor to try and "cover" what's in the box or out. Mao never has that issue, ever. I don't know why. The minute I have my car back from the shop, she's going in to talk about it with my vet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.