people food.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sugarsquishy, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

hello everyone.i just had a quick question about my kitty eating people food. squishy use to love him some crab legs. we just had some for dinner and we didn't give squishy any because i was nervous about him eating anything other then his lc wet food. i looked up the nutritional facts for it, and it said 0 carbs but it was high in protein. is this something that squishy could have once again? he has not had insulin in 6 days and is on his way to remission i believe. i do not want to do anything to jeopardize this. any info/advice on this would be great!

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Crab legs is good eats for kitties as a treat

People food that has gravy made with flour or sauce that has sugar - not so good.

3. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Anything that is pure protein makes a good snack. I think I remember that the reason for the wet lo carb diet started with a diabetic kitty's mom who fed poultry to her cat at Thanksgiving and realized that her bg levels came down after eating. (Or is that an urban legend?)

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

What about junk food? My Bailey and Smokey love potato chips and cheese curls. So does my dog Raggy.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Oliver stole some pieces of popcorn out of my bowl the other nite!

6. dd & savannah

dd & savannah Member

I always toy with this too. Savannah loves chicken and we only give it to her if it is just boiled, no sauce or marinade just plain old chicken. It does seem to spike her bg. She's still on insulin though. It's so hard when they look at you. My cat is almost like a dog in the sense that the minute she hears something fall on the floor, especially a potato chip, she's on it.
    I guess I wouldn't risk it if she's going into remission, or you could always give her a teeny tiny amount and see if it does anything.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.