Personality Change

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by s-t-r-e-t-c-h, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s-t-r-e-t-c-h

s-t-r-e-t-c-h New Member

Our cat's diabetes symptoms ceased almost immediately after changing him to a low carb diet.

What is odd though is that his personality has changed completely. He has gone from a sensitive and loveable cat to one that seems almost crazed. He won't use the litter box (never an issue before) and generally seems agitated all the time.

Have any of you experienced anything like this?

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Vet visit and check for heart problems and check blood pressure....

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

What else has changed in the home? We had five civvies along with Noah and we gave him a little extra love. Just like children cats pick up on this, possibly resent you and take their frustration out in ways you can't imagine.
    Noah was a gentle soul but Lewis is the dumbest most belligerent cat ever and when he pushed Noah off his food I went ballistic. Here they seem to just coexist but yesterday Sam almost lost an eye when two civvies cornered him and practically gave him a good beating. He's now in the bedroom behind closed doors which we cannot keep doing forever.

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  4. Noah & me (GA)

I'll keep this short. All our cats grew up with a medium sized dog. Andy was the last to come around to welcoming the new dog, now those two are in some perverted love affair with Andy constantly parading around the dog in thigh high boots and fish net stockings. You're not alone. :banghead:

5. s-t-r-e-t-c-h

s-t-r-e-t-c-h New Member

Thanks guys for the replies.

I am mostly curious if you noticed a personality change and directly correlated it with just the change in diet to low-carb?

6. Noah & me (GA)

It wasn't low carb for us. We switched all six cats to wet food all at once and they all roamed from plate to plate wanting what the other had. Some of our cats were private eaters and resented sharing their food with other cats and a nosy dog.
    Some cats will even turn away from water that a dog has been in to. That's not science but imagine yourself in a restaurant with other people reaching across the table. "That looks good, mind if I have some?" without asking for permission. What our cats eat is their restaurant!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.