? Pet glucose moniter to human moniter..

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by WhitneyG, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhitneyG

WhitneyG New Member

I have been using the Alphatrak II Monitor but the strips are super expensive! I have been trying to research which human monitor is the best and has the cheapest strips...
    Also, are the levels the same? On a human monitor, what should his levels be and not be?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

The Relion Confirm or Micro are favorites here. They are available only at WalMart. They take the tiniest sample size and the strips are affordable ($35.88/100)....and it's also good to be able to get strips at any time of the night or on weekends!

The only difference you really need to worry about is the "time to act" numbers.....On human meters, it's when they drop below 50, where on pet meters, it's below 68.

At lower numbers, human meters and pet meters are fairly close, but as the numbers go higher, they can be further and further off.

Normal numbers for cats on human meters are 50-120....On pet meters it's 68 - about 150

WhitneyG likes this.
  3. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

if you still want to use you AT2 as well, you can use freestyle lite strips or freestyle insulinx strips with it.
    cheapest are on ebay for about $25 or less for box of 50. you can also buy the insulinx at $48 for 100 and the lites for $35 for 50 or $69 for 100 on amazon too.
    the lites (ones i prefer) are on average of 5-10 points off max compared to AT2 strips on code 38. the insulinx were around 20 off.

WhitneyG likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Insulix strips work in the Alphatrak for the most part and are $10 for 50 on eBay.

WhitneyG likes this.
  5. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

You can get 100 Freestyle Insulinx strips for $19.99 free shipping as well on Ebay. Thats what I use.

6. WhitneyG

WhitneyG New Member

So I went and bought a Reli On and strips. I tested him with not at 3:30: AlphaTrak2 he was 146 Reli on 115. Tonight at 6 right before he ate the Reli-on said 55 so I immediately gave him Blue Buffalo Wilderness canned food. Then at 7pm I tested him with both again, AlphaTrak2 said 94 and Relion said 50.....I didn’t give him insulin....

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good call. :) Would you be willing to set up our spreadsheet to log your data in case you need dosing advice?

8. WhitneyG

WhitneyG New Member

I’ve been meaning to just not sure how to yet. I’ve read the directions on how to set it up but not sure what number etc go where on it...

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

WhitneyG likes this.
  10. WhitneyG

WhitneyG New Member

Thanks all!! His levels have been really low lately and hasn't had insulin last night, this morning or tonight. I was able to figure out how to do the spread sheets and link them to my profile. I did one for when I was using the Alphatrak and another one for the new monitor. :cat:

11. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Wow that's excellent! If you hadn't been testing and shot blindly that could have been a big problem! If he can keep these numbers for two weeks it will be a remission

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.