Petsure BG strips...code 22 or 4?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Louise Amorelli, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Louise Amorelli

Louise Amorelli New Member

My kitty is on Prozinc. I use Petsure BG strips with the Alphatrak meter. I started out using Alphatrak test strips but because of the expense of the strips, switched to Petsure. I know I could use human meter and in the future just might. But for those who use Petsure strips..do you use code 22 or the turbo code which is 4? I called the Petsure company and they said the turbo code 4 is for those previous Alphatrak strip users and are more closely accurate with Alphatrak test strips. I guess code 22 is their own code for those just starting out testing for BG and using Petsure. I have been using code 22 and didn't realize what the turbo code was used for until recently. I would assume code 4 is more accurate. Any ideas on the subject and help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

If you do a search on this site for "Petsure Strips" you will find a few threads with info. THIS particular thread seemed to suggest some folks were finding readings were low using the Petsure strips.