Phoebe got Abigail's herpes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jill and Remi, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Poor little Phoebe had a gunky eye all weekend and then it was worse this morning. I gave her half of a benadryl last night hoping it was allergies but it did not do any good. Went to the vet this morning and no scrathces in the eye but the conjunctivi(sp) was all pink and inflamed. She has eye drops for 10 days and I have to add the Viralys to her food now too. She really doesn't even associate with Abigail much. Her immune system must have been a little compromised since she has had the FVRCP vaccinations many times, not recently, but still many times. Her white blood count has been low for about a year so I am thinking this is how she caught it so easily, especially since my other civie hasn't seemed to catch it(knock wood, anti-jinx). I know Abigail did not mean to share this with her.

2. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Poor Phoebe. Maybe you should think about an immune system supplement.

3. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Do you think the l-lysine would be enough of an immune support? I have been giving her that everyday and she is much better already.....not perfect yet, but better. I just don't want Phoebe or Abigail to be in any pain because of this. I hope it is just uncomfortable during a flare-up and not painful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.