? Photonic Therapy - helpful with diabetes?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Judy and Freckles, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone has had experience using photonic therapy (red light therapy) treating feline diabetes? Was it helpful and what kind of results did you see?

2. Johann_marcel

Johann_marcel Member

Do you mean "photodynamic therapy " (pdt) ? I work in that area of research. I'd be interested in hearing anyone's experience using pdt for feline diabetes therapeutically. :)

3. Judy and Freckles

I am not familiar with photodynamic therapy except I believe a medication/chemical is used in conjunction with the light therapy?

I’m wondering strictly about photonic therapy (red light) and outcomes. I would imagine one would use the sites for pancreatis when dealing with feline diabetes?

4. Johann_marcel

Johann_marcel Member

I looked up the definition after I replied. I should have looked up the definition first. My non-diabetic cat receives this type of therapy for spondylosis, but it has also helped with pancreatitis flare up and even lip swellings after his near full mouth extraction. This doesn't answer your question, sorry. I'm still interested in hearing if anyone has used THIS therapy on their sugar kitty as well. great question!

5. Judy and Freckles

Never hurts to learn more about the different options out there - Thanks Joann. I have a photonic light, so I'm going to give it a whirl on Freckles. It's not going to hurt anything anyways! First session was this evening - let's hope it helps out a bit!

6. Johann_marcel

Johann_marcel Member

That's great! I hope it helps, too. And yes, I love reading this board and learning how everyone handles different situations, issues, and just...hearing about their experiences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.