Pig 1/20 amps 317; +1 310 +2 285 (YELLOW!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Thread
    We are looking good today! Dare I be hopeful for some yellow time?? Well, let us just wait and see... Pig has all the curve balls...

amps 317
    +1 310

2. LuvinThisPig

@Phoebes you really think the cisapride can be compounded into an ear gel? That would solve soooo many problems. It seems to be upsetting his tummy. He still has a good appetite, but he is not as aggressive for food and I am wondering if the medications is giving him a bit of the squeaky tummys... Can Wedgewood do this?? It is just as effective, correct?

When Tail fell off the bed and sprained his ankle (yes... when I say clumsy, I mean clumsy. I think he was a goofy Dane in his prior life) they gave him a painkiller in ear gel form and it worked wonderful.. I would really like to look into this...

How do you post pics??

3. Mom2Maverick

Mom2Maverick Member

I give the cisapride via ear gel, I'm not sure to compare the effectiveness as he has never had it orally.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Oh! I love this! I never even thought about it! Where do you get it from??

5. Mom2Maverick

Mom2Maverick Member

A local pharmacy compounds it, but I'm sure its common.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. LuvinThisPig

Looks like Wedgewood can compound it to ear gel! I am so excited! I am going to see if they can do the Gaba as well.. It may be a tad more expensive, but if it saves his tummy from feeling queasy then its worth the $. Thank you so much, everyone, for the tip! This is phenomenal!

7. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Yep she got it thru ear gel. The gabapentin not sure. I divide a pill into 2 capsules and give by pill. The other is oil but phoebe would not eat the gabapentin oil. She gets the pain med bupe by ear flap too. It's genius.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  8. Phoebes (GA)

If you are posting a picture, hit the "upload a file" chose where to upload from then hit post reply.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

10. LuvinThisPig

Omg you guys... Its YELLOW!!

+2 285!!!

11. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Woot woot!!! :smuggrin: yippee kayee!!
    Put on your title! :p

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  12. LuvinThisPig

Thank you! This is sooo exciting!

13. Phoebes (GA)

14. Phoebes (GA)

Wendy and Neko also suggested the greenie, duck and pea pill pockets were a life saver when we were first pilling phoebe. We bought them from the dog treats, and just tore off tiny pieces to use. They stink but she liked them enough to not fight.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  15. LuvinThisPig

16. LuvinThisPig

That be the Tail... I couldn't resist the bath picture.. lol. He will never forgive me. He is easily embarrassed.

17. LuvinThisPig

Well, if they smell of food he will eat them. lol. I hope. I already added those to my next Chewy order and we are trying out the Weruva Fowl Ball for food. Lower carbs and the phosphorus number is awesome as well!

18. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Pigtail??? Lmao :p

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  19. LuvinThisPig

Haha... Yes. Long story.. Pig is a Manx and has not tail. He was feeling really down when he realized this, so I went out an researched good breeds for cat companionship. Tail is actually Pig's cat. lol. So, I found that Maine Coons are great for cat friends owing to their even temperament and acceptability. It just so happens that Tail has an incredibly long and massive tail, which is exactly what Pig wanted, hence the name Tail. So, yes, PigTails.... :D

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  20. LuvinThisPig

Staying in the yellow today! It is a nice change.

+3 283

I still say it seems like the R helps to hold down the numbers, as in it is pulling and letting the L do the grabbing and holding... Also, I am sure the unit raise on L is helping some as well. He seems to be settling in nicely. Let us hope that he doesn't through a fit and give me reds tomorrow...

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  21. LuvinThisPig

I am considering decreasing his dose of Gaba down to 25mg as all he does is seem to sleep. I know the numbers will contribute, but he has been out cold almost around the clock. That is not good. He needs activity in my opinion... Maybe I am wrong...??

22. LuvinThisPig

Running low(er) and flat today... Pig is digging the yellow time for sure!

+4 284

23. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Fantastic!.
    It will be interesting if the evening BG will look more yellow with the addition of the morning R.
    Or maybe Pig's evenings will always be a bit higher than mornings, which is Yum's current pattern in limited tests.
    Maybe R is bringing Pig down by about 30 points and I am too aggressive bringing Yum down about 100 points.
    Hmmm. 100 out of 500 vs 30 out of 300. 20% vs 10%.

24. LuvinThisPig

Not necessarily. Typically the R does pull him down by about 100pnts. Today was a little different. However, I have noticed a bit of a large variance in my meter and am thinking that perhaps that is why I had such a lower amps. For example, last night he tested @ 321 for his pmps, which was a 50pnt drop from his +11. Now, I suppose it could have been what Wendy called a double dip, but I tested three more times and they are as follows: pmps 321; 403; 378. Meaning, that there was a good chance that Pig's amps was technically a bit higher than the actual meter read. However, I did calculate the variance and they were all well within range of 'true' blood glucose.... I think... lol

You are doing good! 100nt drop from Yum out of 500 is good! That must have felt great!

25. LuvinThisPig

26. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Thanks! That will be very helpful.
    I am going to increase her L tonight, 1 cycle early. We are supposed to skip R when we increase L, right?

27. LuvinThisPig

Yes, absolutely. I would be interested to see how she does. I find that the R is pulling Pig's numbers down, allowing the L to hold them down. However, the L just cannot bring them down (at least at this point) the way it needs to. I am curious if Yum has close to the same results... But, ECID, right?? Good luck tonight! I will be right there with you, running R with Pig again tonight!

28. LuvinThisPig

So, staying in the YELLOWS today! He had a bit of a snack at +4.5, so a little increase. I would be interested to know if he comes right back down after about 45mins or so...

+5 299

29. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the yellows!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  30. LuvinThisPig

Pig says thank you! He is feeling the colors for sure!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  31. Phoebes (GA)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  32. LuvinThisPig

Thank you!! He is a clumsy, giant beast, but the sweetest soul... except when he is hungry... lol

33. LuvinThisPig

The change in him today, with all these yellows, has been simply amazing! He is not acting entirely brand new, but you can tell he is feeling soooo much better!
    I cannot wait to get below that renal threshold... Those will be wonderful days.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  34. LuvinThisPig

Pig has had a tremendous day and I want to stick with it. I took my nap and am ready to run the overnight shift... lol...
    Pending his pmps I am hoping to dose R tonight. Granted his pmps is not lower than amps. I agree, that for now, the .5uR is a good dose amount. Seems to pull him down by about 100pnts at which time the L can hold him down. Here is to a good run!

35. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

It's always so exciting to see colors start to change on a spreadsheet. I hope this means you're approaching your breakthrough dose and that you'll be on to blues and greens shortly!

Love the pictures, but poor Tail looks sooooooooo unhappy in the bath. That face says, "I do not approve of this!" I'm sure he got plenty of love afterward to make up for it.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  36. LuvinThisPig

So, we are officially a go for tonight.
    +0 pmps 327

37. LuvinThisPig

Oh.. He really does not mind it so much. He just sits in there and never really tries to get out. He has really sensitive skin and a very thick coat. He needs a special bath about every 2-3 weeks or else he gets hairballs in his tummy... I give him hairball, but his coat is sooooo much! lol. He does hate the after math and will avoid sitting for as long as possible. Yes, the loves he gets.. In my bed soaking the covers... haha! But, I love these nuts so...

38. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

39. LuvinThisPig

He is holding his spike a bit longer...
    +1 354

40. LuvinThisPig

A little slow going tonight..
    +2 326

41. LuvinThisPig

The cat is to sleepy to pee... Or to lazy. Lol. I have noticed that he will get up and pee easily whenever its a few hours out from food or his numbers are in the yellow... However, if it is right after I feed him, he will just lay there and leak out urine... I am wondering if he cannot feel it owing to the neurological problems in Manx...?? It is so weird. His megacolon made it hard for him to pee or empty completely, but now its like he just can't tell he has to pee. I worry about what it is doing to his kidneys. I know he is getting the urine out just fine, only its all over my floor and not the liter box. I have asked and asked and no one seems to know. I am hoping that an internist can tell me more...

42. LuvinThisPig

Well, what can I say. The boy loves pink.. smh
    +3 315

43. LuvinThisPig

?? Question... My schedule got changed and I go to work at 3:15 tomorrow afternoon. Now, I will not have to leave the house until +3 at the earliest. Do we think it is safe enough to dose R before I leave? Or should we gather more information? I really do not know and am well aware of the Acro fluctuations.. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, it appears to my novice eyes that he is becoming accustomed to the R, just as he does the L. If and when do we decide dose increases on R since it is not ran on a TR protocol?

44. LuvinThisPig

Definitely slowing down..
    +4 337

Food was not until about +4.25, so not sure what is going on. A bounce, perhaps, in response to earlier today? I also decreased the Gaba back to 25mg from 50mg considering his level of drowsiness. He was cold passed out for over 3 hours and was to groggy to stand at the litter box. He was only at full dose for 2 doses. Maybe I am seeing numbers in response to pain? Maybe he needs the full dose of Gaba.

45. LuvinThisPig

Well, we finish out the day at an 'okay' number...
    +5 339

He had a good run in the yellow today and maybe that is why we are seeing higher numbers tonight. Let us hope for more success on the morrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.