Pig 5/27 - 28 amps 117; +2 144; pmps 132 Little Frozen Mini-Muffins of Meat...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Yikes... The job is nuts!! But, it pays the bills!

I really think we have a good dose with the 50u. I am waiting for the next cycle to see what it does. That will be his 5th, which is typically when we he matures. Sometimes it is a few cycles later, but not often. Then I will most likely fine tune with R, giving me that added tool for when reductions hit.

Operation Sneaky Meat has commenced with little success. I put a tablespoon in Tail's dinner and he ate around it. I blended a tablespoon in his breakfast and he licked the surface of it... Then sat down and wailed pitifully for more. :rolleyes: I guess I will try half a tablespoon and see if that hides it well enough. He is sooooooo particular. :cat: Then he goes and gets Pig and talks him into finishing off his food so I will give him more... But, I foiled that plan and caught it just in time. Silly boys.

Pig is doing fantastic! We are sitting on the verge of constipation with the raw. However, just like any other food, the trick with Pig is less more often. I bought some mini-ice cube trays and will try that. They were like a dollar and have silicon on the bottom of the cube so I can just push the meat cube out. Then I also bought a mini-muffin pan in the hopes of whipping up some frozen mini-meat muffins.. The idea is this. I need water frozen in with the raw for in the auto-feeder, but do not want to freeze and re-freeze too often. Air exposure and all. The raw will NOT blend.. not even when frozen. So. I take the mini-muffin pan and press a tablespoon or half a tablespoon into the bottom of the pan. Freeze that. Then I pour water on top of that and freeze that. This gives me a little layered mini-muffin of meat. Perfect! Now, I just would like to take a minute and say frozen mini-meat muffin one more time because it is sooooo much fun to say... :p

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday L&L!! Loves and butt licks all around!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hey, whatever works!:joyful:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

You are an incredible Momma bean:bighug::bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Best of luck with Operation Sneaky Meat, it still might work :p

LuvinThisPig and Phoebes (GA) like this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Ugh... Sadly I am not so sure about it anymore... He is sooooooo dramatic. I ended up trying to mix in only a teaspoon of raw into about 4 tablespoons of canned. He licked the top a bit more than with the half a tablespoon, but a second later … And I swear to Bastet that this kitty looked me in the face, forced a gag, and threw it all back up on the floor. Then sat down and waited for me to bring the 'proper' food... :rolleyes: **sigh**

6. LuvinThisPig

Thank you, love!! You are quite the Mom yourself!

7. LuvinThisPig

Had a mini victory today. My mother is good for something, occasionally... (Oh, if we ever meet in real life and anyone told her I said this... :nailbiting::p) She taught me some of the tricks to blending frozen foods. I.e. smoothies and such. So, I was able to basically make a meat snow cone!! It actually worked out great! I did not think it could be done, but called and asked her for help. She walked me through it. So, here is hoping this works for BID meals and, perhaps, the first two mid-day meals in the auto-feeder with a meat-muffin for the last.

Either way, getting those fibers broken down is a huge success. He was pretty constipated and his bladder was enlarged when I got home today. However, I will say this. With the egg and raw, he seems to be moving the output faster and by the time it came for BID things, he was almost completely cleaned out. Portions... Always about portions.

I may make another increase here soon. I was going to fine tune with R, but this dose did not do all I hoped it would. Still hoping these reductions start soon. We are close to a month out...

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So are you going to share or are you keeping mom's secret to yourself? ;)

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. LuvinThisPig

Ah! Oh yes, of course! I get distracted and off track sometimes..

Okay. So, really not a lot of 'tricks' to it, but ones that I overlooked. First I thawed the food and blended it that way, but the added gelatin and other organy things gunked up the blades and I lost have the food to the blender. Then I tried putting a cube of frozen in my big blender and all it did was crack it up into pebble sized pieces. I needed it smaller than that.

Moms said the trick is to use a higher powered blender and to use the smallest size possible. This way the food is forced down onto the blades. Of course, sharp blades is always a factor as well. She had me take the small personal blender I bought for the trip and pack two cubes in around the blades. She then said to not run it constantly, but to 'pulse' the on/off switch over and over. This allows the frozen bits to fall down on those blades again, thus you are basically tossing them into the blades over and over. Using the smaller container allows for them to bounce and jump around, but since it is smaller they have no where to go except upon the blades. I guess it is all about force and manipulating those chunks down on the blades.

Oh! She did say to never try to blend it with water added because that will obviously thaw the fibers, which restores their elasticity thus rendering the options of blending non-existent.

10. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Baby steps... :)

Keeping our fingers and paws crossed for you!

11. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Laughing so hard! Sorry, shouldn't be funny, but it is. What a couple of characters you have there. I just love 'em!

12. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

LOL. I think most of the forum members know about these attempts.

We have 3 kittehs. You never hear about Chinus because she is bonded to me and she doesn't spend much time out with the boys. She is real picky about food. Any deviation and she walks up to it and - and tries to bury it by scratching around the bowl!!! Goofus!

Leo is slightly picky - he hates reruns from earlier in the day. LD is the least picky, probably because he remembers his stray days.

Raw meat! Not for our kittehs. It would be too different.o_O

LuvinThisPig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.