? Pink Alert? Dottie showing slight increase in keytones

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jeanne & Dottie, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeanne & Dottie

Jeanne & Dottie Member

I just got a small urine sample from Dottie. (Not that the amount would change a test)..and her keytones are slightly up. Does this mean I need to increase her insulin? Yesterday there was only a trace of keytones..the color on the stick was definitely showing an increase.

For the past two days her BG hasn't really gone down like it should. To be fair, I've been trying to shift her food from Friskies to FF..and it's a little bit of a change, but enough that it could stress her system. Am I being correct in assuming that?

At any rate, today I boosted her insulin from .5u to .75u, and it didn't seem to make a difference. When the +2 after injection window arrives..and then the +3, I don't see the drop I should be seeing.

So my question is, should I raise her insulin up to 1u? (ProZinc) I got a whole 5 hours of sleep last night so I'm good to go. I can even bake a batch of brownies to keep me going. I will be right there to catch her if she falls.

Oh, sorry about the spreadsheet. Some editing is getting done on the template for me. I don't want to get in the way of that.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Since you do not have a SS setup can you just post resent BGs?
    AM PS (morning pres shot)
    + X when x is horus after shot and then give BG
    PM PS )evening BG before shot)

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Re the ketones, since they're above trace I'd recommend getting Dottie checked over by your vet. With the appetite issues it would be safer.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Jeanne, please keep a close eye on her ketones. If she is showing more than just a small trace, she needs to see the vet.

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Jeanne & Dottie

Jeanne & Dottie Member

Thanks for the advice, Mogs, and everyone.

GOOD NEWS! I have solved Dottie's food problems. I will put that in another post. Haven't tested her keytones today. I'm waiting for her to descend on the litterbox. If they're up, I will call the vet asap.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Andy & Pimp and Critter Mom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.