Pita's Dosing Party: 14

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Caitlin M, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Happy Saturday! We got a lovely 101 AMPS and gave the usual 2.3 u. I plan to test him throughout the day, so we'll see where he goes!

Yong and Djamila like this.
  2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Way to be brave, Caitlin! And that looks like a lovely flat cycle today from Pita. Hope you're both enjoying your Saturday!

Caitlin M likes this.
  3. Caitlin M

127 PMPS :joyful:

Yong, Rachel and Djamila like this.
  4. Caitlin M

Pretty consistent numbers the past couple days. Wish he had gone a bit lower mid-cycle, but that's just me being greedy! He and Brat were up and causing a huge ruckus around 4:30 this morning. Not sure if that's what resulted in a higher AMPS. Matt actually tested twice and that was the median. Shot 2.4 units and looking forward to seeing what we get as the day goes. 109 @ +4 though, so that's better!

Djamila and Rachel like this.
  5. Caitlin M

83 @ +6

6. Caitlin M

199 PMPS
    shot 2.4
    159 @ +2.25

7. Caitlin M

146 AMPS
    shot 2.4
    127 @ +3
    :smuggrin:

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

9. Djamila

Pita's spreadsheet is the strangest thing! He just keeps cycling down in dose, and then back up in dose, and then back down and then....

I've spent way way way too much time studying spreadsheets on here and honestly, I've never seen anything quite like it. He is a unique little guy! And you (and now Matt too) do such a fantastic job staying on top of it and making the changes that need to be made right away. You really take amazing care of Pita! If you change your mind about acting, you should go to vet school!

Yong, Caitlin M and Rachel like this.
  10. Caitlin M

Oh Djamila, thank you I needed that! I was just about to post 'Well, back up we go...'! I don't understand it! I try to remind myself that in all reality none of us have pribaprofully acclimated yet (less than a year) as far as things in our bodies that we don't understand. I may be wrong, but I know my body is still getting used to it. We use the humidifier every day and I just started the fish oil a couple days ago, so I'm hoping that will help their skin also. I'm planning lots of testing today- maybe he's going lower later in the cycle? Or he's just being strange and will come back down soon. We shall see o_O

Rachel likes this.
  11. Caitlin M

Hello all! So we've been having some nice, consistent numbers the past few days. I've discovered also that he seems to be the lowest at +7 lately. Tricky tricky! I'm wondering though if I should try 2.5 this weekend to see if we can get some nice greens again. Not sure if I'm just being picky in wanting him to go a little lower. Please send thoughts!

12. Djamila

This might not matter since you got an 88 last night, but with Sam, if I have two cycles in a row without a green, and no known cause for it, I do an increase. And my preference is that his greens are under 80, although that doesn't always work. This week I'd be thrilled to see any green (he's running really high right now and my work schedule kept me from testing much). So all that to say no, I don't think you're being too picky. Your mid-cycles (114 and 118) aren't bad at all, and if you're busy or just want to not worry about him for a couple of days, it's fine to leave him there, but there's nothing wrong with bringing him down a bit more if you're around and don't mind.

As for adjusting to the climate in LA, it took me a couple of years, I think. It's really dry down there (and this is coming from someone who spent many years living on the edge of the Sahara Desert!)

Caitlin M likes this.
  13. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

You lived on the edge of the Sahara??? Okay, you've got to tell us what that was like!!!

Caitlin M likes this.
  14. Caitlin M

Thank you for that reassurance! I think we'll increase a smidge and try the 2.5 units tonight. I really like that thought process of what you do regarding no midcycle greens! Oh gosh, yeah I try to remind myself to stop expecting everything/one to be adjusted because it just hasn't been that long. So thank you for that as well :cool:

I second that!!

15. Djamila

I don't want to hijack Caitlin's thread so I'll keep it short :): I grew up in a few different places, but spent a number of years in Morocco which is the northwestern part of the Sahara - and it's also right by the Atlantic and Mediterranean, so even though you're right by the desert, it can still be rather humid (which is why LA felt so dry to me). If you ever get a chance to go visit, it's really an extraordinary landscape!

Yong, Rachel and Caitlin M like this.
  16. Caitlin M

I swear the strips are good, but Pita had the same number three times yesterday! Anywho, he woke me up at 2am with a +6 of 67. 218 AMPS so I'm actually giving 2.4 units this morning. May be wrong, but it seems a bit bouncy to me. So we'll see!

17. Caitlin M

I havent shot yet but now I'm wondering if I should stay at the 2.5 since he just hit a nice green. Errrr. I'll stick with my gut of 2.4 and readjust as necessary.