Pita's Dosing Party

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Caitlin M, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Oh good! Rachel posted! Go with what she said!

2. Caitlin M

Caitlin M Well-Known Member

Lol gonna stick with the 1.0! And will test whenever I get home later

Djamila likes this.
  3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Djamila, I love listening to you talk yourself through things! Yeah I hesitated for a minute too because 1.2 could be good...I went with 1 as my advice because of the suspected bouncing and because...well...I tend to be conservative too! :)

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  4. Djamila

Yeah, that's pretty much what happens inside my head every single dose. This or that....that or this.... It's a little crazy-making. :confused:o_O:rolleyes:

Kris & Teasel and Rachel like this.
  5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Me too! I think we all end up there...ah well at least we have others who understand our crazy thoughts!

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You should have been inside my head a half hour ago trying to decide what to do with Teasel tonight. His PS was 65 (AT meter) and the easy thing is to go with no shot. I don't want to lose ground so I had to think about how much to cut his dose while pondering the depot that's there and how long it will take for his supper to kick in. Eventually I just had to make a choice and wait to see the consequences. I opted to reduce his dose to half what it was.

Djamila likes this.
  7. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Hopefully you won't have some excitement tonight :cat:

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Whoa! I can't imagine trying to figure it out with the depot on board. Let's hope it's not too exciting of a night!

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Definitely a go by instinct and "know thy cat" situation. Luckily it worked out - no drama last night and a yellow PS this AM.

10. Caitlin M

+5.5 was 138

11. Caitlin M

PMPS 208, gave 1.2 u, +2.25 was 106. Got home a bit late, shot about 30 mins later than usual. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  12. Caitlin M

Upon laying here, I'm wondering if I should try to do a +5 or +6, given that he's already close to 100 this early...?

13. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I heard people from Massachusetts always have a second opinion.

Caitlin M likes this.
  14. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

What do other people say? Mass-da-hootch-is? It's okay, my wife and I are big Red Sox fans, NOT Blue Jays from just down the road. If we get another big male we'll call him Big Poppy. Or Carlton Fisk/Fiskers. Goodnight Caitlin and Pita, no more stalking. :bighug:

15. Caitlin M

Lol you are no help at all! Bleh, I'm not a fan of baseball. More of a contact sport fan... Football and hockey. But I may not be able to explain all the terms to you even though I like them. :confused: Goodnight sir Dickson :) and Noah of course

16. Djamila

If it was me, I'd get a test on that one. Or at least leave out a whole mess of food. that's a 50% drop in two hours, and still early in the cycle. Pita's keeping you busy: this morning it wasn't enough, tonight it might be too much....or it might be fine and he's just dropping early now (Sam used to nadir at +2.5). Geez, I wish these kitties followed the rules!

17. Caitlin M

Well Djamila, I should have listened to my gut/heard you in my sleep. I passed out and did not test or leave food out. Got a beautiful 347 AMPS because of it :banghead:. Looking at numbers I'm going to give 1.2 and hope to get an okay PMPS. Gave 1.4 on some 400's and think I got more bouncing for a couple days. Plus the feeder will open today. I made a note of the 50% drop in 2 hours and how I should have done one or the other/both recommendations. ::Sigh:: :oops:

Yong & Maury GA, Djamila and Rachel like this.
  18. Djamila

Look on the bright side...it wasn't a red! ;) He's been a little bit all over the past week or so, that makes it hard to dose. I keep staring at his spreadsheet trying to figure out a pattern, but I'm not seeing much. Hopefully his numbers will settle down a bit.

Caitlin M likes this.
  19. Caitlin M

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one going 'huh?!'. If I need to do a curve this weekend I will. Still trying to figure out if I should up his dose a little or stick at these, but I just can't get a good handle on it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.