Please contribute tips/advice for sheet for catsitter

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Martica and Fred, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martica and Fred

Martica and Fred Member

Hi
    Fred has been falling a lot lately and I am now getting catsitters and also some younger kids/teens to baby sit while I am out. I anticipate this being a pretty full tiime thing. Two of my catsitters are older ladies but they are expensive $15/hour or more and so I found an 8th grade grill and a couple of high school kids who can watch Fred for $8/hour.

Iin general he is OK right now and I'm not having them do anything medical (like gives shots or even feed), but simply to give him some love and to be there to pick him up if he decides to walk to his food and falls over and gets stuck. HOWEVER, seeing as he has Db, CRF and heart disease, there is the potential for an emergency to occur.

I'm in the middle of typing of some instructions about what to do. I need to keep these extremely simple, but I don't want to leave out anything important. So thought I'd ask if any of you have any info that you have put on your own instruction sheets or can think of important things to include?

First I have:
    Signs that Fred is in distress:
    > Open mouth breathing (and I have a description)
    > Pain in rear legs from blood clot (from the HCM, can anyone describe the signs of this?)
    > Diabetic ketoacidosis/Hypos--a few key physical descriptions? (unfortunately he already wobbles so walking like adrunk doesn't apply here
    > any others?

Step One:
    > Call me at ...
    > Grab x, x and x and jump in a cab to emergency vet hospital
    > etc.

If any one has any important things that I should include, please share!

thanks
    Martica and Fred

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

One suggestion is make sure you make financial arrangements with your vet since the sitters are minors and can't really sign anything for you. Maybe take some videos of Fred's "normal" behavior so he can compare what he may think is abnormal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.