Please! Does health insurance for cats w/ diabetes exist?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by lovemycat444, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovemycat444

lovemycat444 Member

Please! Does health insurance for cats w/ diabetes exist? I think diabetes would be considered a pre existing condition? If there are health insurances out there can anyone make carrier / insurance recommendations?
    Thank you!
    I am swimming in vet bills, medical tests, a $500 cat dermatologist who saw my cat for under 5-10 minutes and was rude & hurried. (They found nothing). Thank you!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, no.....it's considered a pre-existing condition with all carriers and they won't pay a dime

3. lovemycat444

lovemycat444 Member

That's such a terrible thing. Thank you though Chris & China for the information

4. krazy4kritters

krazy4kritters Member

https://www.carecredit.com/
    Try looking into this for any upcoming vet visits. My small animal vet doesn’t take it but our exotic vet did. I looked into it once and it seemed reasonable. Like a credit card without the card.

lovemycat444 likes this.
  5. lovemycat444

lovemycat444 Member

Thank you so much !! So interesting ur exotic animal vet did ! I'm trying to make Taco's quality of life the same before his diabetes - a really healthy fun good life. Cat health insurance would b massive . He has this mystery stomach illness, from what I've researched he prob will have to have additional ultra sounds

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

If you had the insurance before he was DX, it would of been covered by Trupanion. At least in my case it did. All his diabetic supplies and insulin are covered by 90% and any blood work done to test his ongoing health related to that (after the deductible limit was met).

If you are going to get insurance now after a DX, then it is classed as pre-existing condition and would not be covered. My understanding all pet insurance will have this clause.

I was lucky, I had it on Jones before his IBD and FD DX. It has saved me a lot of money over the last year and half.

Good luck on finding some funding and founding out about his tummy issues. Though you may want to see if they will cover any costs related to the tummy issues if there is nothing DX yet.

lovemycat444 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.