Please light a candle

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb and Pippin, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

Pippin was in for a check up on August 17 and got a good report.
    On Oct 3 I picked him up to test his blood and felt a large mass in his abdomen.
    The vet has given him some pain meds and he has been eating and even playing on occasion the past week.
    We have been on borrowed time but still he has continued to amaze us all these weeks but today he let us know he is ready to go into the light.
    In the end the diabetes resolved but the tumor took him anyway.
    He will be set free this afternoon at 5 pm central time, please spare him a thought and a prayer, he is such a special guy, I know, they are all special but Pippin even more so than most and my heart is breaking to have to say goodbye.
    These will be the last pictures of Pippin taken today.
    [​IMG]
    You can see how the tumor has invaded his whole abdomen
    [​IMG]

This was only a week ago, thats how fast it grew.
    [​IMG]

I will miss him coming out and inspecting the grocery bags every single time, looking for his precious peppers, he was always there when we get out of the tub to make sure our feet were properly dried, oh how he loved his soupies and how I loved hearing the slurping and little noises he made when he ate it.
    We love you so much Pippy Lou, you have enriched our lives so much and you will be so very very much missed by us all.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to read this ... I will be sending lots of prayers for a peaceful passing today ... will light a candle as well ..

3. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Deb, I am so very sorry to read this my heart is breaking for you.
    Lantus Land's little ferret Pippin will be so missed.
    Many prayers and tears for such a sweet little guy.

4. Kristen & Emma (GA)

Kristen & Emma (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you have to say goodbye to your little guy. My heart is breaking for you...

5. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

oh no! not Pippin! I'm so sorry Deb. my eyes are burning from the tears that are trying to escape. prayers for a peaceful journey for sweet Pippin today. ((Deb))

6. sanrun

sanrun Member

So, sorry to see this. Big hugs :YMHUG:

Sandy - Dottie, Jeter & Tilly

7. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

Deb... I'm so sorry you have to say good bye... Pippin and you will be in my thoughts and prayers...

8. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

go in peace, little one.

9. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

deb, we loved your pippin stories and all your furbabies. he will forever be known as the first weasel on the board! :) just a delight and a love, and we'll miss him so much.
    wishing you much peace and love, even at this sad time.
    (((Deb)))

10. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Oh this is so sad to hear about sweet Pippin. I always love hearing about his daily activities. Fly free little guy.

11. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

(((Deb))) I am so sorry. I loved all the Pippin stories and I hope that when you are ready you can share more if his stories with us. Sending peaceful vibes for his journey to the Bridge.

12. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

My heart is broken for you, Deb. How I will miss hearing Pippin stories and seeing his pictures and videos. He was beloved here in our community. Fly free, sweet Pippin.

13. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Deb))))) Land softly sweet one. We will sorely miss you, Pippin. rb_icon

14. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Noooo, not our little ferret :cry: I'm so sorry Deb. I so loved the stories of Pippin, the soup, the peppers... (((Deb)))

Fly free dear Pippin. All of the other GAs will be there to meet you. wings_cat

*tears*

At tbp so lit a virtual candle:
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=11894549

15. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

16. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, no, (((Deb))) my heart is just breaking. I have always loved hearing about Pippen...he was ground breaking here....land softly, sweet one.

17. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Oh no, I am so very sorry to hear about Pippin. He always brought a smile to my face when I saw his antics. He was very much a part of the FDMB family ... Our pepper loving Pippin.

I'm sending my heartfelt thoughts for a peaceful crossing for Pippin.

((((Deb))))

18. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Deb, my heart goes out to you and sending prayers for a peaceful crossing for your beloved Pippin. Always loved seeing his pics and hearing about all his antics and we all know how very much you will miss him. You did such a wonderful job of taking care of him and treating his diabetes. He will be remembered by so many in so many countries....our first little ferret on FDMB......and you have my most heartfelt sympathy. This is just so sad wings_cat

19. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

Run free Pippin! wings_cat
    Thoughts are with you Deb....we'll light a candle here for Pippin tonight!
    Debie & Jezebel

20. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Oh DEB: Prayers white light and candles for you and Pippin. He will have his 'peppers' at the bridge. Fly free and soft landing little fuzz ball. I'm heartbroken for you.

21. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

((((((Deb)))) Oh no not our sweet Pippin! My heart is breaking for you, he was such a sweet and funny little guy he will be sorely missed. Whatever are we going to do without our little ferret on the board?

Fly free sweet Pippin and land softly in your Momma's heart until we meet again.

Mel and the furry gang.

22. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

23. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Pippin. Prayers and positive thoughts and comfort for you.

24. Dale

Dale Member

A candle is lit for dear Pippin. Holding you up in prayer Deb.

We've always thought of FDMB as meaning feline diabetes message board. I'm sure Pippin thought it meant ferret diabetes message board in his honor. You'll be missed Pippin. You taught us much about your species.

25. Mary Jazz Katy Bushey(GAs)

Mary Jazz Katy Bushey(GAs) Member

So sorry. We will all miss Pippin

Mary(UK)

26. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

oh, no, deb!!! i'm so very sorry for this grief... pippin was the most charming personality.
    holding both of you in our hearts
    celi & binks

my brother's boss wrote this song before he passed...it speaks what i cannot

[youtube]shP5HW2_DoE[/youtube]

27. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss of Pippin rb_icon wings_cat wings_cat

28. Jaye and Chester

Jaye and Chester Member

Thinking about you and Pippin now...go gently, little Pippin.

29. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Deb :cry:
    Safe crossing, sweet Pippin.

30. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

oh no! *tears*
    i'm so so sorry Deb.
    I loved the Pippin videos and stories - he was indeed very special.

31. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Godspeed little Pippin, and Hugs to you Deb.
    Dana

32. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, Deb. I am so glad you had these good weeks and I'm sure you will treasure them. Sending peace and comfort to you and your family.

Fly free, Pippin. wings_cat

33. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

DEB--I cant even catch my breath from this --I am just Shattered as you must be--Many of our old friends are going from us to the bridge,but I never thought Pippin....I loved seeing him everyday with reports of his daily antics..He was one of us here, he was loved here, you are loved here--
    I am SO SO SO SORRY -My Dearest Pippin--We love you & always will--Go softly sweet boy, with loving arms around you!--We will miss you-
    Fly Free Baby Boy
    Our candle will light the way--((((((((((DEB))))))))))

34. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Oh, no! No Pippin! tears...

I am so sorry to hear he has been so sick...as I write this, he is passing over to the rainbow bridge...fly free sweet Pippin...you will be sorely missed by all here in LL and your family (four leggers and two leggers) who loved you so.

I will never forget his furry little face...our first little ferret on FDMB...and what a sweet and very special boy he was...

(((Deb)))

35. OLM Catnip Cottage

OLM Catnip Cottage Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry. My prayers are with you and Pippin. We will miss him around the Board, but Oh, I imagine Heaven will be lively today! May God bring you comfort and peace.

36. SherylandClouseau

SherylandClouseau Member

((Deb)) I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Pippin. Ferrets are truly amazing and loving creatures, and I know he will be deeply missed...

37. Charlotte and Indy (GA)

Charlotte and Indy (GA) Member

I will miss the Tales of Pippin. You were blessed to have him in your life.

38. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you are losing your best furry friend Pippin. My deepest sympathy, Deb.

39. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Deb I'm so sorry to read this!! I do so love ferrets and sweet Pippin is our "special guy" here....our one and only Sugar Ferret.

Sending you many hugs (((((Deb)))) and a prayer for a safe crossing for Pippin. Fly free sweet boy we will miss you.

40. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

oh no ((((((Deb))))) this is not what I wanted to see. We will all miss Pippin. Fly free, little Pippin. wings_cat

41. Jenny and Sue

Jenny and Sue Member

I am so sorry for Pippin! I am thinking of you.

42. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Pippin! So sorry for you loss Deb.

43. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Deb - I am so very sorry. I have read about Pippin ever since I first joined the board - you both are very special people here. Oh Pippin I shall truly miss you. Mannie and I have lit candles for Pippin so that he can find his way, so that his journey will be safe. Fly free sweet Pippin. wings_cat

44. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Oh Pippin, I have been so in love with you. Gen. Noisy is sure to find you -- he always loved a character and oh my, you are a true character. Noisy named one of the cowboys Pippi, after you. Please go in comfort and peace and play, play, play when you get to the bridge. Watch over your mum, her heart is breaking for sure. What a special mum you have, we love her you know. We'll help watch over her too. Fly forever free precious Pip.
    LOVE, D

45. Beth and Simon (GA)

Beth and Simon (GA) Member

Oh no. I'm so sorry ((((((((Deb)))))))).
    Pippin stories always warmed my heart, he will be missed by so many.

46. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. May Pippin fly free

47. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

I am terribly sorry to read this tragic turn of events....sweet Pippin and Pancake Day...*sigh.

Godspeed and Anglewings dearest loved Pippin....(((((((DEB)))))))

48. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

What a cutie! Fly free sweet Pippin. You are well loved and have lots of fans you've never met. I'm so sorry Deb.

49. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Pippin is one for the record books. What an amazing ferret! He had an amazing mom too and his time with you was certainly meant to be.

Deb, I'm so sorry he had to leave you. Fly free dearest Pippin! You inspired us all. rb_icon

50. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deb this made me so sad. Pippin was indeed very special as were you his mom bringing him here to our sugarcat land. there are no words i can offer to ease your pain at losing him. just know you have so many people who understand and feel sad with you.
    :cry:
    fly free pippin,
    please visit your mama and let her know your always just a thought away.

51. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

Thank you all so much, you will never know what this support means to me.
    My heart is truly broken.

I just got home and it feels so empty, how could one little ferret fill up a house like he did?
    He went into the light very gently and with dignity in my arms, filled to the brim with love, as it should be.

I am sorry I am not handling this too well, I will come back when I get myself together and tell you more tales of Pippin the sugar ferret.

52. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deb, there is no 'well' way to handle grief. please just let your pain take it's course.
    you know we all understand losing our babies and there presence in our lives.
    i think that's why we cry so easily with you...WE KNOW.
    Lori

53. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Oh no! I am in tears. Sweet, sweet Pippin...

(((Deb))) I am so sorry. So very sorry. Fly free Pippin rb_icon

He was such a little fighter and so much character! I know you are heartbroken. I wish I could give you a hug. Know we are all thinking about you tonight. I'm going to go tell Beau now. He will be so sad. They spent so much time together in the Lev ISG.

Pippin, the sugar ferret was a noble ferret who paved the way for the treatment of ferret diabetes. He is a hero.

54. Nancy and Albert

Nancy and Albert Member

Oh I am so sad to hear this, sweet little Pippin. Will be thinking of you Deb and I hope Pip had a peaceful crossing. (((HUGS)))

55. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Oh No, Deb... I am so sorry to ready this. BIG HUGS! and tears! Pippin had the best mommy to love him and take care of him. He will be sorely missed, and grandly welcomed at the bridge. Land softly, my friend. We love you, Pippin.

56. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Deb, We are so sorry to hear about Pippin. His many friends are welcoming him at the bridge with bouquets of peppers. rb_icon Fly free sweet Pippin. You will be much missed by all your friends at FDMB.

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella

57. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sweet little Pippin....we will miss you so much....our special little ferret ....
    My condolences to you Deb....this is so very sad....
    I used to love to see his pictures and see him with his precious peppers....such a cutie...
    wings_cat Fly Free Dear Pippin.... rb_icon

58. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Lighting a candle for our special playmate Pippin. His many friends are there to welcome him at the bridge.

Many hugs to you, Deb. I hope you find comfort in all the joyous memories you have.

59. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Oh no. So so so sad.
    I'm so sorry Deb. Pippin is so special and we'll all remember his mischievous ways.

Fly free Pippin!! Make sure to find my dear sweet Cosmo! He's always ready to get into some trouble.

(((((Deb))))))

60. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Yes, a candle has been lit. We are so sorry, sweet Pippin. Bless you & your Mamma. We know her heart is broken. Lots of love & sympathy. Susan & Lanky

61. fourcatsmama

fourcatsmama Member

Oh dear I am so sorry to hear this news! We will all be thinking of you and Pippin tonight, and hoping you find comfort in knowing he is in a wonderful, special place, free of pain. Fly free, sweet Pippin! I will miss hearing about your silly antics and viewing your cute photos!

62. lynda and scruffy (GA)

lynda and scruffy (GA) Member

Oh, Deb, what a sad day. No words can make such a loss bearable. But Pippin (and you!) were trailbreakers, you know. You proved that diabetic ferrets can be treated - what an accomplishment!

We were fortunate here to have the privilege of "knowing" you and Pippin, Deb. And I know that I will never again look at a pancake without a tiny smile and a thought of Pippin.

I wish I could give you a hug.

63. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

oh deb. i am so, so sorry. I so enjoyed the pippin stories and pics. fly free sweet,sweet pippin.

64. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((Deb)))

I am so sorry for your loss. When I first came to FDMB, I never quite knew what to make of a ferret being here. It made me stop and give pause. What was so clear was the delight and amusement you took in Pippen and all of the furry crew. From surprise, I came to join you in being amused and delighted. He will be missed and he will bring a smile to my heart. I am sure all of our LL family will greet him at the Bridge.

65. Amanda

Amanda Member

So sorry to read this. :sad: Rest well sweetheart.

66. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry to see this post, Deb. My heart is just breaking for you and your family. I loved hearing the pipster stories you wrote and I remember when he went otj...how happy we all were! I will be thinking of you and Pippin tonight as I say my prayers.
    Fly free, Pippin, rest in peace our sweet sweet ferret.

67. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

68. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Deb, I can't believe it. This is such shocking news. No words can express how truly sad it is to see this post. You know how much we all loved your dear sweet Pippin. All the pictures we loved so much. You taught us so much about ferrets in your journey here with him. All along your struggles to get him regulated first on Lantus, then Levemir and then back to Lantus again. He is indeed a 'poster child' for diabetic ferrets.

I am so sorry. I know your heart must be breaking in two right now. You were such a good mama to him. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that and know that he knew that too.

Love you Deb, Pamela

69. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Im sorry we didn't have the honor of knowing your Pippin but we send our deepest sympathy to your for your loss of him and will light a candle to guide him in his transition.

70. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

May all you wonderful memories of Pippin comfort you...

...'til you meet again.

71. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

I am shocked and so sorry to see this. you and your family have my sympathy.
    Jess

72. Lori in Ohio

Lori in Ohio Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

I have just gone through this and know how hard it is.
    My thoughts are with you.

73. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

Oh no, ((((((Deb))))))))! I'm so sorry to see this. I'm not here much anymore but Pippin has always been so very special and I have always enjoyed reading about him and seeing your pics and videos of him. I know you have worked very, very hard to treat him and done an excellent job of caring for him. He'll be sorely missed. :cry:

Safest of journeys, dear Pippin!

74. Marjorie and Tigger

Marjorie and Tigger Member

((((Deb)))) I'm so sorry. Cancer takes so many of our babies. I always enjoyed hearing of Pippins antics. Godspeed Pippin.

75. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

Fly free sweet Pippin......you were such a delight to get to know. Watch over your family now and send them a message that you are safely at the bridge and in the company of so many other sugarbabies.

((((Deb))))

76. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

OMG Deb! I'm so sorry. I haven't been keeping up with the board lately, so I didn't even know Pippin was sick. :( Fly free extra sweet Pippin.

77. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Oh ((Deb)) I am so very sorry to see this. Pippen was so special to the board, as are you. Fly free sweet Pippen, you will be missed!

78. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Oh Deb, I am just seeing this. I am so, so sorry. Pippin was such a special guy to all of us and he will never be forgotten. There are many hearts breaking with yours tonite Deb and many tears being shed over the loss of one so dear. You took such good care of him and sent him off on his next journey surrounded by your love and safe in your arms. Nothing I can say will make the heartache go away or make his loss any easier, but please just know that our prayers are with you.

Fly forever free dearest Pippin. You will live on forever in our hearts.

79. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Sleep in peace, Pippin.
    So sorry to hear this.

MJ&Donovan

80. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry (((( Deb )))) that he must leave you. what amazing things you did for him -- you and your Pippin were pioneers.

I have enjoyed his antics and I have always thought of him as one very unique *cat*. :)

Safe Journey sweet Pippen. rb_icon

with sympathy,

81. Sandy and Boris

Sandy and Boris Member

(((Deb))) I'm so sorry to see this. I remember when Pippen first came here. We were all so excited to meet you both. I always loved the bathtub snow pictures.
    I'm really sorry, I know you will miss him so. I'm sure none of us will ever forget him. My heart goes out to you. You gave him a happy life and took the greatest of care.
    I've been out of the loop so I was sadly shocked to hear this.

Fly Free Little Pippen, you will be missed and always remembered.
    Sandy

82. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no, not another....

Deb, you and Pippin have been part of LL since we started 2 1/2 years ago. I am so sorry to learn that Pippin has crossed over the bridge. I hope our recent sugar cats (Latte, Tuscany, Stu, Bear Man, Kasha....) were all there to meet their little ferret friend.

I liked this quote that someone sent me after Tuscany went. " I have sent you a journery to a land free of pain not because I did not love you but because I loved you too much to force you to stay."

Bye Pippin, fly free.

83. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

((Deb)) I am so sorry to see this - sweet Pippin. How you and he have cheered our daily lives with the antics, the pictures, all of the love we've seen him give to you and you to him. He is indeed so special and has been such a part of our lives here on FDMB. I remember telling Dr. Dan about Pippin and the smile on his face when he heard how well he was doing with your loving care.

Those of us who have been on here will not ever forget this little guy - I have pictures of him filed away with my "kitty pictures" - and have loved each of your posts about him. The Board will be a much quieter, somber, lonely place without him on here with his antics.

Isn't it just the pits that we work so hard to overcome the damned diabetes and we make progress and then something like this happens. It seems so unfair.

My heart goes out to you but you have no choice but to take away his suffering - seeing how fast this has grown and taken over his little body is so cruel. We will however always remember him with a huge smile - and I'm sure there are a multitude of kitties gathering around him right now welcoming him to the Bridge - and they will scamper and play with him - remembering him from here as one of "them."

Sending you many comforting hugs and prayers and please know that we shed tears with you tonight at having to say goodbye to such a sweet little being.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

84. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for you loss. Please accept my condolences and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. *HUGS*

85. Carrie & Trouble

Carrie & Trouble Member

I am so sad to hear this news. It always brought a smile to my face to see sweet little Pippin in your signature...looking up at the camera like a superstar!

86. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart is breaking for you.

Fly free sweet Pippin

87. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Deb, I'm so sorry. I was shocked and surprised to see your post. You and Pippin were trail blazers ... I remember your first posts well. A diabetic ferret? Are you kidding me? Wow, how far you've come and how enlightening your journey has been for the rest of us. Thank you for sharing Pippin with us.

88. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

So sad to hear this :sad: Pippin is one special guy! We will miss him, fly free little one!

89. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

I am so sorry to be reading this. We all loved Pippin. Fly free, dear baby. You were special. Donna

90. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((((Deb))))
    my heart goes out to you - I am so sorry!
    Pippin will be dearly missed around here.
    I too, thank you for sharing Pippin with everyone here on the board.

(((((hugs))))

91. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry. Please know I'm thinking about you and will absolutely be lighting a candle for the little guy who held so many of our hearts. All my love, Michele & Molly

92. Kathy&Powder

Kathy&Powder Member

{{{{{{Deb}}}}}} I'm sorry for Pippen's loss. I'm sure he crossed the Rainbow Bridge knowing how much he was loved and adored. He is free from his earthly pain but will always be near you trying to comfort you.

93. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Deb. I, too, always love to see Pippin's cute little face looking up from your signature. My heart aches for you.

Fly free, little Pippin. wings_cat

94. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers.

95. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

The candle was lit, my heart is breaking for you--We will miss our dear friend Pippin, we will never forget you--You always made us smile..
    This is something I wrote for another FDMB kitty we loved, so I am sending it for my dearest Deb & Pippin as well:
    If you must leave, Go Softly,
    For we could not have loved you more,
    For you could not have been anything else but the love of our lives.

96. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Dear Deb, I am so sorry for Pippins passing. I have always enjoyed reading your posts. My prayers are with you.

Pattie

97. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

OMG... I read this and thought... is there a second Pippin? What am I reading wrong... this can't be our Pippin... Oh Deb... I'm shocked and so very sorry I didn't read this yesterday, but we were gone most of the day....

Deep, deep sadness.. and as Maureen said... There is certainly a fabulous get together still going on at the bridge. I knew something was up, as the winds were blowing away moisture yesterday... I'm thinking God didn't want tears to fall on earth, as everyone was welcoming Pippin to the bridge.....

What a wonderful loving furbaby has just moved on. My tears do fall with yours... I'm so very very sorry for your loss.

98. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

I am sitting here reading all these messages with tears in my eyes for all the love and support being shown to us.
    Thank you all so very much for that and for all the help and support shown to the token ferret who barged into your midst wanting help.
    He got that and more, he was welcomed with open arms and hearts.
    We couldn't have made it one year, 9 months and 2 weeks being diabetic without all of you.

I am more at peace this morning, I woke up and just knew it was ok, he was in a better place
    I dreamed he was running through green fields and drinking from the ferretone stream, dancing in the sun and able to hide and eat all the peppers and pancakes his heart desires.
    There is a big hole in our lives but our hearts are full because he was a most lovable and inspiring little man who brought great joy to all he met.

Until we meet again sweet pea.

[​IMG]

99. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no! Our favorite ferret in the field reporter!

Fly free dear Pippin

100. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

I'm so sorry to hear of Pippin's passing. He was such a cute little guy.

I'd never known anyone that had a ferret before you joined the board and I enjoyed seeing all the pictures and the videos of him and his family. Thank you Deb for allowing us to share in his life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.