Please read! amps 188

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kya’s Mom 1983, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

I’m technically at the 10 hour test mark with Kya but it’s also her amps. 188. She got 1.5 last night. My question is i have to leave for work in an hour. Should I skip the shot this morning or just give low dose. It will inevitably rise I know that. She is eating now.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

I made the decision to give her .75 this morning at 450am based on that number and previous numbers on her spreadsheet. I also left small snacks in times feeder for +2 hours and +4 hours. This cat.... she must have gone into the dark greens during the night or the 1.5 dose last night is the correct dose. Throwing me for a loop. I didn’t want her going without anything all day. I hate my schedule sometimes.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good call! You're doing well and figuring out her patterns. Thank heavens for that spreadsheet! :smuggrin:

4. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Thank you. I have seen it’s worse to not give a dose at all. Does high preshot numbers mean I should be concerned with ketones? I did do a ketone urine text the other day and it was negative

5. Kris & Teasel

No, a high PS is not a big problem ketone wise. It's being in high BGs constantly that increases the risk. It usually involves something else to tip them over the edge - vomiting, infection, etc.

6. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Noticing today more water bowl visits and more wet spot in the litter box this evening when I cleaned it out. About 5 or 6 spots. Its been 1 or 2 a day for awhile now since she was put on 2 doses a day Is this attributed to the higher numbers?

7. Kris & Teasel

Yes, the will usually drink and pee more until they become better regulated.

8. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Ok thank you. I really thought .75 was the right dose but she threw me a curve ball. I hope I can get it back to good numbers soon. Still trying 1.25 except for this morning. Just trying to be extra cautious and watch for any changes. The 2 days she had to be in the hospital was not fun.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.