please sing KK across the Bridge

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Libby and Lucy, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

The thing about geezers is that they can give us more love in a few short months than many cats can give us in a long lifetime.

Kris Kringle (KK) was brought into a Maryland shelter as a stray a few days before Christmas. Based on his condition, they thought he had been out for a while. Because of his personality, I believe he has had a very loving home for most of his life, but I wonder if he belonged to an older person who died and the family put him out. Anyway, the shelter called Siamese Rescue saying "I know he is old, but this is a special one." Our volunteers agreed that he did not deserve to die in a shelter on Christmas. He went to a wonderful foster mama, who discovered his diabetes and started his treatment. I adopted him on May 3. Later I found out that the diabetes was the least of his problems. He also has liver cancer that is not treatable.

I have never before had a cat that simply exudes happiness at every moment of every day. It has been the BEST five months and I am not in any way ready to say goodbye, and I think KK would love to stay, but cancer does not seem to care what we want.

The last two weeks have been tough, but still with a lot of good days. Yesterday was a great day, lots of cuddling and talking and purring. Today he has let me know that it is time. In Siamese Rescue, because our cats so love to sing, we ask for "Meezer songs" to sing their way across the Bridge, so at 5:00 today please light a candle and sing for KK.

2. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Oh I am so sorry, I remember when you took Kris Kringle. What a blessing you were to him in his time of need and it sounds like he brought you a great amount of happiness as well.
    Again I am so sorry.

Terri

3. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Libby, I'm so sorry to hear this sad new about KK.

What a blessing that the two of you found one another. You have such a good heart Libby for taking in this kitty. He sounds like he was such a sweetheart. Know that you and KK will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of love and hugs,
    Tena

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry but very glad that KK found you. No wonder he's so happy. :D
    Liz

5. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

(((Libby)))
    I am so sorry you have to say good bye to such a special boy tonight.
    Sending prayers, and I will be thinking of Kris Kringle today.
    :YMHUG:

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so sorry it is time for KK to go. I remember when you brought him home, too...such a beautiful and inspiring story about two very special souls. Many prayers and songs coming your way.

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

:cry: Aww .. so sad .. I'm sorry ((hugs)) I am thankful to you, that KK has known happiness again these last few months .. A favorite song of mocha's is "we are Siamese" and I will sing that tonight in honor or KK ..

8. Nancy&Pepper (GA)

Nancy&Pepper (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Libby. How wonderful that you gave him 5 more months of love and happiness.

9. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

:cry:
    Piglet can't manage Meezer songs, but he will add his little squeaks to the chorus.
    Lighting Butthead's candle to help show the way to the Bridge...

[​IMG]

MJ

10. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about KK. He's is so lucky to have had you care for him the last months of his life.

11. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Aww, somewhere over the rainbow are your friends will be there, they will love and chase you, just like your love ones would do here.Lots of Purrs and head bonks. Fly Free little one, will light a candle so you can find your way.

12. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

damn Libby. so very sorry but you know that what you did was a good thing. little KK had food, a warm, house and more love than he knew what to do with.
    ty for taking him in and making his remaining time happy ones

13. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Libby,
    I remember the first time I saw KK's plea for adoption....THEN I watched YOU step up and give him a wonderful life full of love. I'm SO SO sorry it's KK's time to cross but even that is full of love. I know your heart will be so broken but you'll also smile thru those tears because you KNOW part of his heart will always remain with you. BIG HUGE LOOOOOOOOONG HUG.

Fly free sweet boy - you will take lots of parts of hearts with you. We'll all be singing too...even if only parts of our fuzzy feetz are siamese.

BIG HUGE HUG again,

14. Picknickchick

Picknickchick Well-Known Member

I'll be singing for this sweet boy.

15. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Libby))))) I am so sorry to read this....but you did give him a loving home for these months and for that, I am sure he is thankful and happy.
    You are doing the final thing that we as loving Beans have to do for our furbabies...help to set them free....My thoughts are with you both...
    Fly Free KK...know you are loved....until we meet again...adieu sweet boy... wings_cat

16. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Libby, I'm so sorry to hear this. I will help sing KK to The Bridge, today, at 5PM EST.
    Thinking of you, sweet Libby. :YMHUG:

17. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Libby, I'm so very sorry to be hearing about your sweet KK. I'm pretty sure knowing you as I do that KK had the best 5 months of his life living with you and being loved by you. You are an amazing bean and I'm glad that you are having hugs and purrs and most of all that KK knew what unconditional love is! I'll be singing as well this evening. Fly free love...

18. Dale 'n' Chip

Dale 'n' Chip Well-Known Member

You were lucky to have found each other.

He will be missed. rb_icon

19. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Libby I am so sorry that KK will be crossing. I will definitely help sing him across. It such a great thing you and the shelter did to help KK live the remainder of his days on earth in a loving home.

20. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Oh Libby- I am so sorry. KK is so lucky to have found you (and you him) and for the wonderful home you gave him and these precious last months you had together. So wonderful that even yesterday was a great day shared with cuddling, talking and purring. I'm so sorry that you have to say Goodbye.

Fly free KK...

thinking of you (((Libby))))
    know how much you'll miss him.

21. MelissaEbby

MelissaEbby Member

Libby, I'm so sorry to hear this. You and KK will be in my thoughts.... :YMHUG:

22. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am so sorry (((Libby))). He was so blessed to have found you. I know that he felt a lifetime of love in the short time that you had together. You made a huge difference in his life, and I suspect that he did the same in your life.

Safe passage, KK. May you have many songs to guide you to the Bridge.

23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Libby))))

My kitties and my heart will be sad but we will do our best to sing KK to the Bridge. He was a very lucky kitty to have found you. I suspect he was so happy because he found a bean who would love him unconditionally. He truly found a new home.

Fly free and land softly, KK. There will be songs and candles to grace your way.

24. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

More hugs ((((Libby))))
    I will sing for your KK.
    How wonderful that he had you these last many months.... I am sure he feels your love as you took him in and now you give him release from cancer.

25. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Many many hugs to all. All of the troops here will be singing our hearts out. How lucky he was to ahe found you. Flt fee little one. Mannie and many of the GA's will be at the bridge to meet you, guide your way.

Elsa, Bug and Lola have all lit candles to guide you.

26. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet KK. May your journey be filled with love and peace knowing how very much loved you are.

27. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry KK's time with you has been so short... such a special boy indeed! Willie and Herbie will be singing alongside the candle by Miss Belle's statue. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Libby))) I am so sorry it's time. You were the best bean at the right time for KK. You each shared an amazing love for each other.

It's almost time - the kitties and I will sing a lullaby for KK. Fly free sweet boy - you know you were much loved. :YMHUG:

29. (((((Libby)))))
    I am singing the same song I sang to my Mullet, and have candles burning for KK. And sending vines for your broken heart.

Fly free little one.

30. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Libby, so sorry to hear about KK. Lots of prayers and hugs are sent your way. He sure was a lucky boy to have you these last months.

31. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

Jesse can't sing, but he has a purr that I'm sure can be heard all the way to the rainbow bridge. So sorry.

32. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Libby )))

Oh, Libby, I'm so sorry it's time to say goodbye to KK. Prayers for a peaceful passing and fond memories.
    Thank you for sharing your life and love with him.

33. Doreen and PeePee

Doreen and PeePee Member

Libby, so sorry to hear about your sweet Kris Kringle. He can leave with such a warm heart with all the love you gave him. He was so lucky to have such a warm caring home to spend his last time in. I'll sing a song for him.
    Fly free little KK ((((Libby))))

34. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your heartache (((((Libby)))))) I just lit a candle to help KK find the way across The Bridge to where all the GAs play and wait for their loved ones to join them. You were such a gift to KK. I know he knows it.

Fly Free KK,
    and land softly.

35. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you have to say goodbye to your sweet boy KK Libby. Wishing him a peaceful passing filled with love. Thinking of you. I will have all the animals at my house sing in his memory tonight. (((Libby)))
    Fly Free Sweet Boy.[attachment=0]CC_BurnURCandle1.jpg

Attached Files:

36. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

((((Libby)))) Singing sweet meezer songs for KK. What a wonderful gift of a loving home you gave to KK. And how beautiful that he gave so much love to you. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to such a sweet kitty. I'm sure his memory will be in your heart forever and that your life has been better because of him.

37. Elizabeth&Julia&Margaret(GA)

Elizabeth&Julia&Margaret(GA) Member

Hugs and prayers and plenty of songs coming your way! Julia kind of howls and moans but it'll do.

Fly free sweet boy and land softly. There are a lot of furry angel friends waiting for you. wings_cat rb_icon

38. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. It doesn't make it any easier that we've only known them a short time. They are still special. Sending songs for KK and hugs to you. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

39. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of KK's passing. There's lots of friends to welcome him to the Bridge tonight. You did the most loving things you could for him....Gave him a wonderful home for the last months of his life, and a peaceful and loving release from a body that had failed him.

Fly Free KK, and land softly. wings_cat

40. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Libby)))

Sending soft landing prayers for KK - lots of loving arms waiting to receive him.

Jane & Cleo

41. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Fly free Sweet Kris Kringle! You found love and comfort with, Libby. What better way to spend your final days.

[youtube]ChRSY8TSliw&list=RD39Sluzi-QGtyA[/youtube]

Singing Meezer songs for KK.

42. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((hugs)))) right back at everybody. This has been a very hard one for me and I can't believe he is gone. He gave me way, way more than I could ever give him. I am grateful for the time we had, even though I would have preferred a lot more.

43. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly Free little one. You will be missed, never to be forgotten.

44. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, KK.

{{hugs}}

45. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Libby))) I am so sorry.
    We are singing for KK tonight.
    Fly free, sweet, loved boy.
    rb_icon

46. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((LIbby))))

KK was so incredibly blessed that you found him and gave him love like he had probably never known even if he had had a home previously. You gave him the greatest gift in adopting him, loving him, caring for him during his illness. I believe he lived longer than he otherwise would have because of the LOVE you unselfishly gave him. I am so sorry for your grief and your loss of this wonderful spirit....but he is with you always.

Fly free sweet KK. Singing the most glorious songs for you today as you cross the Bridge into peace, health, and wholeness once again.

[​IMG]

47. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((((Libby))))), KK is flying free on the wings of song. A chorus of GAs is serenading him tonight. He knew great love and he knew happiness in his final months. We are lighting Stu's candle and hearing beautiful melodies.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

48. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh libby, i'm so very sorry. he sounds like an extraordinary kitter, and what a gift he was to you - and you to him as well. his last few months must have been the best!

perhaps KK would've sung this one to you . . .
    [youtube]jjNgn4r6SOA[/youtube]

49. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Libby. Many songs and prayers.
    Fly free, Kris Kringle. Safe journey.

Hugs,
    Jane

50. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

(((Libby)))
    I'm sorry you had to say good bye to KK....
    I couldn't bring myself to post yesterday though i did light a candle for KK....

Fly Free KK wings_cat

51. blove7

blove7 Member

I didn't see this until now. I'm so sorry that you had to let go of your little KK. wings_cat

52. Janet and Izzy (GA)

Janet and Izzy (GA) Member

aww, I'm too late to sing. I have had a candle lit since I got home from work which was around 5:00 pm. So hopefully it helped KK see the way. So glad he was able to have 5 wonderful months with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.