Please take a look at my spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fiona1, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiona1

Fiona1 Member

My cat, Tinkerbell, came out of the vets yesterday. Was on 5u of caninsulin from the vet. Then he gave her 6u the day before, resulting in no insulin given yesterday. Dropped her to 2u with a fur shot this morning. This evenings shot 2u definitely went in. Traces of ketones this evening.
    In the morning, what would you say is the lowest i can shot at 2u in your opinion? I read 11 is no shot but i guess there has to be a cut off point between 1u and 2u?

2. Fiona1

Fiona1 Member

Its worth noting that she was diagnosed with diabetes and dka just under 3 weeks ago and was at the vets until yesterday. Vet did say dka was gone

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Until you get more data on your spreadsheet, we would generally recommend no shot unless BG is at least 200. It’s best to post here for advice right after you AM pre shot test. The recent DKA puts a different light on the situation. It would be best to give at least a reduced dose if PS is near but lower than 200. We can help with that.

Fiona1 likes this.
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I answered on your other thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.