? PMPS: 125 Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by smilelari, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smilelari

smilelari Member

No emergency or anything here. I don't post that much (sorry!), but my spreadsheet is up to date. Didn't get any midday numbers as it's one of the days both me and hubby are gone all day. PMPS is 125. Do I give a full dose?

Last post here

2. smilelari

smilelari Member

Went back and reread the shooting low numbers sticky and based on that I think his number is high enough that it's safe to shoot. So, I'm going to go ahead and do that

3. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one saw your question in time to help you, but you did the right thing looking at the sticky. And you also got a +1 and +3 to make sure he wasn't dropping - well done!

He's sure climbing up the dosing scale, isn't he? Some kitties just need more insulin than others, so just keep on - you're on the right track. When kitties get to 6u per shot, we usually suggest having them tested for the 2 most common conditions that cause a need for a larger dose, acromegaly and insulin autoantibodies. Just a heads up on that. He's not there yet though.

Just ask if you have any questions!

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Turner! Wrong way, dude! You got that nice low number at your preshot, and now you're heading for the hills! Silly cat.

Well, Lari, I guess you made the right call, shooting. Sorry I missed your post asking for help. I'm glad you figured it out, though. That's great. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.