PMPS 158; +5 317

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by FurBabiesMama, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Mia's PMPS is 158. She has not had a PS in the 100s since September! She has had a great cycle. It is nice to be seeing some drops after a long period where she stayed high pretty much all the time. Anyway, I am stalling right now, not feeding her, planning to test again in 20 minutes or so, but I am trying to determine what to do. If her number is still between 150 and 200 when I test her again, do you think I should give her 2u or 1.75u or? I do not want to mess up the progress we seem to be making by skipping a shot, but I obviously do not want her to go hypo either (we have had a couple of close calls lately).

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Checking your SS, BRB!

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I think I'd drop it to 2 if she's in the 150-200 range. You could also do a second stall if she doesn't rise. You do a great job testing most nights, so I assume you'll be able to monitor tonight to make sure she doesn't go too low? I don't think she will necessarily, but who knows?

Side note, what a GREAT CYCLE!!!! :D:D:D:D

4. FurBabiesMama

I know, right?!! :)

Thanks so much for the quick response. 2 sounds pretty good to me, too. I will definitely monitor her. I have carbs, and I'm not afraid to use them! :smuggrin:

Yong & Maury GA and JanetNJ like this.
  5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Sounds good! I'll be in bed probably (I'm exhausted) but I'll check your SS in the morning. Remember if you need help or even if you just want someone to talk to throughout a long night, you can post on Main and there is almost ALWAYS someone around! :)

6. FurBabiesMama

Thanks, @Rachel. Get some rest.

Rachel likes this.
  7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

2 is a good call I think.... But monitor. :). Hope this continues. Good last couple of days!

8. FurBabiesMama

Thanks. I hope so too!

9. FurBabiesMama

Well, poo. At +5, she is at 317. After the beautiful morning cycle, we are having a stinky evening cycle. I may test her again later in the cycle, then again, I may not bother. I'm tired, and any fear of her going too low has gone *poof*. So, now to analyze... does it look like I should have given her more insulin (maybe closer to 2.5)? It is scary to give that much on a number lower than 200, but maybe that is what I should have done. Then, again, I did not want to end up at 58 like yesterday. Maybe this is a little bounce even.. who really knows. This really does get frustrating. It would be nice to actually have a good run that lasted more than a two or three cycles. :confused:

10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I feel your pain! :bighug: Some kitties are very challenging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.