Pmps 200--so I give him a shot?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Nicki & Marcus, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Nicki & Marcus

Nicki & Marcus Member

I have posted on Lantus earlier this week because prior to the relapse, that was what Marcus has been on. I also posted to the main forum after being given Vetsulin yesterday for Marcus. I guess I've posted all over.

I have his spreadsheet up to date. He had one shot of insulin-2 units--Friday evening. On Saturday morning, he was 208 pre-shot. I was in touch with the vet, and was told to put it down to 1, but to start again this morning (Sunday) after testing. I gave him the one unit, and at +4 it was down to 147 before going back up to 200 by +7, which was his pmps.

So, should I inject him at all? Should I retest him now that it's been about 20 minutes since he ate? He didn't eat a huge meal, but he did eat--Friskies pate, Chicken and Tuna.

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

+ 7 is not his PMPS.
    +7 is 7 hours after his morning dose of insulin.

Yes, you have posted in several forums. Replied to you over in Feline Health.

Why do you think +7 is the PMPS?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  3. Nicki & Marcus

Nicki & Marcus Member

Usually I feed him about 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. and a small bit more at about 10 p.m. Today was a bit off due to unforeseen events. He went into remission 2 years ago so quickly that I never really developed a shot schedule. So, I'm probably not doing this correctly. I'll definitely take any help you give me.

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

See your thread in Welcome and Main forum. Replied there.