PMPS +3 @ 54

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Teresa & Buddy, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I have given him high carb FF gravy lovers and opened his mouth and put Karo Syrup in his mouth, in 25 min, he was @ 190, Will he continue to climb up or will I need to continue to feed the rest of the night and monitor.

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

That is a huge jump, but definitely a more reassuring number. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with Lantus, but since it's a slower-acting insulin, I am assuming there is a chance he could start decreasing again as the food and Karo start wearing out and the insulin kicks in. I would continue to test fairly regularly to make sure he stays safe. I'm so sorry. I feel so useless, not having any experience to help you out with any certainty, but I just wanted to let you know you weren't alone at least. :oops: Hopefully someone more knowledgeable comes along shortly! :bighug:

3. Teresa & Buddy

Thank you, for your reply. I am thinking on the same line as you.

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Any time you resort to high carb food (or Karo/honey/syrup), you want to continue to test for at least 2 hours from the last time you had to use it.

Test every 30 minutes for an hour and then test one more time an hour later (for a total of at least 3 tests in 2 hours)

If they drop too low again, that 2 hour "clock" starts over

paige likes this.
  5. Teresa & Buddy

I will probably need to plan on staying up tonight. Or if he does not drop down for a certain amount of time does that mean his BG numbers will sty up.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If the numbers stay up for 2 hours from the last time you had to feed anything HC (or Karo/honey/syrup), you should be fine

IF he drops too low again and you have to feed HC again, that 2 hour clock starts over

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hiya Teresa! How did Buddy do last night?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.