? PMPS 9.9 - what shall I do?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amy Dobson, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

Hi everyone,
    He would normally be having 0.5u caninsulin. Shall I wait and test BG again? Or give him a smaller dose, 0.25u?
    Many thanks!
    Amy (and Murphy, master head scratcher).

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There's a problem with your spreadsheet link..I'm getting "This file does not exist"

Without being able to see what kind of numbers he's been getting, it's really hard to advise you, but generally, 9.9 is our 178, so that's high enough for you to give the scheduled dose as long as you're home, have plenty of supplies and able to test through the cycle.

If you want, you can stall, don't feed, and retest in 20-30 minutes..if his BG is going up, that's a pretty good sign the last shot has worn off completely

3. Amy Dobson

Amy Dobson Member

Ah ok, I'm not sure what's happened there.
    Normally he'such higher ore shot. He was about 17 pre shot a couple of days ago and dropped to 3.5, so I'm a little nervous.
    He ate a whole tray of Lilly's Kitchen kitten which usually raises him and he's just at 10.4.
    Thank you for your advice :) I'll probably give him some but will wait another ten mins to weigh up my decision.

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.