PMs & passwords are not accessible by any mod

Discussion in 'Announcements & How to use the FDMB' started by Robert and Echo, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

OK, the rumors go around periodically that private messages can be accessed by moderators. They cannot. Repeat, PMs cannot be read by anyone but the recipient. That is why they are called PRIVATE messages. I can't access them either.

If you give someone your password, sure they can read your private messages (PMs). Don't give out your password. And make your password "strong" and not easily guessed. Passwords cannot be retrieved by me or anyone else. That is why if you ask me for your password, I can't give it to you. I CAN change your password without your permission but you would know if I had because you couldn't log in. And I absolutely have a higher ethical code than that. Plus, I have better things to do than read your PMs, LOL!

Moderators cannot change your password. I am the Great & Mighty Oz, no one else. That is why I am surrounded by Toto dogs and personally own a Dorothy blue & white plaid dress and ruby slippers. Ah, I digress.

Come on, guys. Your passwords and private messages are PRIVATE. PRIVATE. Got that?

Now, be careful out there with your passwords!

Love you all,
    Rebecca

2. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

LOL Thanks for the Giggle :lol:

3. kryskat

kryskat Well-Known Member

I'm envious - I want ruby slippers too! ;-)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

aw shucks, but i WANTED you to read my pm's :lol: really i did.

5. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Member

Someone has got to Photoshop that for me! It would liven up my work day considerably.

6. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

glad you said something. i read that rumor, too, and couldn't convince anyone PMs ARE actually private. plus, jeez, who would have the time to go thru those. sometimes rumors get out of hand...

7. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

I will trade you my password for ruby slippers!!!! :mrgreen:

I'd trade almost anything except Kitty and DH for those ruby slippers! :lol:

Bowing down now to the Great & Mighty Oz.

[​IMG]

8. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

hey!!! we have a pair of ruby slippers too! my older bro worked with Liza Minelli's ex-husband peter allen, so a friend ordered them for me and Binks. i look horrid in them but binks wears them with panache!

celi and binks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.