Podo's numbers confusing me today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Seattlebrian, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattlebrian

Seattlebrian Member

Gave her only 2U this morning and she got her lowest BG yet, a 82. Tested again and got a 92 with more blood. Gave her a medium carby 3oz can of food (not sure, it isn't on the chart), and 4 hours later she is at 169. It is getting glose to time for her next injection. What is wrong with her today, giving such low numbers? :D

2. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Looks like Podo knows Lantus kitties look best in green :mrgreen:

3. Seattlebrian

Seattlebrian Member

She hasn't started the lantus yet.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Brian,

With some kitties, it takes a week or more for the insulin to start working in their bodies. Not sure how long it has been, but if it is the time on your spreadsheet, has it just been a week?

This is good news! You do want to have a no shoot number (200 is usual). And be sure to get the nadir numbers so you see how the insulin is really working. It would be great if you could get a nighttime nadir as some cats tend to dip lowest at night. Some people set an alarm and get up to get the reading.....

5. Chicklit

Chicklit New Member

No ideas, I just wanted to commiserate with you. My cat Blanco is keeping me guessing, too. Good luck!

6. Seattlebrian

Seattlebrian Member

She has been on insulin for about 3 months. Only started home monitoring recently. Back up to pink today :(

7. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

No unusual Brian, for her to rebound from an unusual lower number. It may be that the food is also starting to kick in. Time to increase the bg tests so you have a good picture of what is happening - particularly the nadirs. And remember, your 92 is a good nadir number - as long as it is not under 50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.