Portland Metro area warning: avoid this vet!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Margie and Jackson, Oct 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

From the news story. "For someone to regain a license after it has been revoked, she said “the licensee would have to satisfy the board that what caused the revocation is no longer in effect.” What caused the revocation is general stupidity, perhaps just not caring, possibly a drug or alcohol problem and considering he fell asleep during a surgery I'll give him the benefit of doubt being possibly overworked and at worst a health condition making him unfit. Legally and ethically I cannot say anymore that that.
    Again from the news story, "after California revoked his license in the late 1970s – and he served a brief jail sentence – for animal cruelty. His California license was restored in 1999" and "Koller lost his Oregon license nine years ago, The Oregonian reported at the time, because of the “revocation of his vet license in California, revocation of his federal license to dispense animal drugs, and because he violated the terms of a probation agreement with the California veterinary board.”
    So he lost his California license, went to jail for animal cruelty, lost his Oregon license and somehow got it back and he's back in business.
    Usually I gasp when someone directly names a clinic or doctor but this guy takes the cake.
    More tidbits from the story,
    "In 2003, Koller admitted that two years before he had injected himself with Telazol, a small-animal anesthetic, as a means of dealing with personal problems... In 2007, after he was seen driving erratically, he tested positive for morphine and pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence".
    To be fair just one reporter with a grudge or the wrong facts can ruin someone's life but I'll take a pass on this guy.
    @Robert and Echo

Margie and Jackson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.