Possible Beginning Hypo?!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by scienceofcats, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scienceofcats

scienceofcats Member

Hi guys - Lola’s bG has dropped to 4.4 mmol/L (80 mg/dL) at 10:00 PM after receiving 1 unit ProZinc insulin at 7:45 PM. Her PMPS was 9.2 mmol/L (165 mg/dL), and I was advised in another post to proceed with insulin.

I’m really worried it’s going to drop further. She wouldn’t eat the high carb food I have, so I’m giving her an extra wet food portion which she’s eating now. Hoping that brings her sugar back up. How worried should I be? Not sure what to do :(

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I answered on your ProZinc thread.

3. scienceofcats

scienceofcats Member

Okay, her bG = 4.2 mmol/L (75 mg/dL) now (10:54 PM) after a small snake (she wouldn’t eat much)...

4. scienceofcats

scienceofcats Member

Just retested this morning, and it was 7.8 mmol/L (140 mg/dL). I’m assuming I should skip the 1 unit of ProZinc insulin I’d normally give her now?

5. scienceofcats

scienceofcats Member

Okay guys, I’m going to default to not giving her insulin this morning... I’m figuring I’ve skipped doses before (back when she was first diagnosed and I was nervous about numbers) and seen no clinical repercussions. I think it probably wouldn’t be safe to proceed with any amount this morning, as I won’t be around to test. I’ll retest her tonight when I’m back from work at her regular PMPS @ 7:15PM. For what it’s worth, she seems very bright and happy this morning, so that’s good at least :)

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  6. scienceofcats

scienceofcats Member

Her blood sugar is now 9.9 mmol/L (178 mg/dL). She was fed a serving of wet food 20 mins ago. Considering she skipped insulin this morning, what dose should I be thinking about right now? Maybe 0.75 units? 0.5? Advice would be great; I’ll hold off for 20 mins in hopes that one of you sees this.

7. Kris & Teasel

I answered on your PZ forum thread.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  8. scienceofcats

scienceofcats Member

Her AMPS is 11.3 mmol/L (203 mg/dL). What do you guys think - shoot 0.5 units again? 1 unit? 0.75 units? I have to do the shot in 20 minutes, so hoping I hear from one of you... but if not, I’ll default to 0.75 units to see what that does.

Thanks again for all the help, guys!

9. Kris & Teasel

Answered on PZ thread.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.