possible Canadian postal strike

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Noah & me (GA), Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

As usual details are sketchy and both sides are "talking" but there are rotating work slow downs across the country. Canada hasn't had a postal strike since 1980 and it's doubtful this will happen, just be prepared. If given the option opt for courier service.
    That's it, the news changes every day and posting a link won't help.
    Idiot unions and governments knew this day was coming, had years to figure it out.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

The current rotating work stoppages are already having their impact at least for incoming mail. A friend in the US sent me a card in late Oct. It has yet to arrive thanks to the rotating strikes. I think they are currently being selective in what they are sorting and delivering. :mad:

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Fed. Gov't has tabled legislation today to end the rotating postal strikes so hopefully this mess will be dealt with very soon.

4. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

Ugg. I was gonna order my insulin from Marks Marine this week. Please keep us updated.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If there's a problem, they'll tell you. Just call them.

They've been through it before a few years ago with the last postal strike.

6. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

This is a link to Canada Post/labor negotiations. It's fairly vague and so far each day's work slowdowns are a surprise so there's no telling what's happening. I know this topic is the subject of several other threads in different forums. I'll try and keep this thread updated and that will bump it, I'll do the best I can.
    The federal government has ordered them back to work via arbitration in the past and Christmas is coming so for now that's the likely outcome.
    Good luck everyone.
    https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/comm/list.page?ecid=murl|ddn|lr|5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.