Possible hypo?? ):

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Izzy2017, May 23, 2020.

1. Izzy2017

Izzy2017 Member

Long story short. I haven't been on here since my other kitty (izzy) passed. So I will work on updating signatures and such at a later time.

Spreadsheet here..
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JuWiUBcpsBA8X6lp9R7myLW208/edit#gid=361360320

Sophie dx was at the beginning of this year. She eats a mix of wet food and we are slowly trying to change her from Journeys end to YAZ. Going to completely wet food isnt an option right now.

I'm not sure if we should have skipped this PM shot completely.. reduced.. idk..

But she seems to be at around 60 (at +3 and +4) even after eating her journeys end food along with some wet pate food.

She of course looks perfectly fine and is getting super testy with me poking her ears so often :( Just not sure what to do from here / am I just not used to seeing such low numbers ??

2. Izzy2017

Izzy2017 Member

She is indoor / outdoor and I dont think she ate a lot while she was out which is probably why our numbers are so low at night for a few days

3. Izzy2017

Izzy2017 Member

Looks like we are trending up now. She ate some kitty crack and some wet food as well.

She is sleeping by mom now and still seems her normal cranky self. Zzzz.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry to hear about your boy Izzy. :bighug:

Are you still using the Alphatrak for Sophie? Sorry, I cannot see the spreadsheet - the permissions are not set up for us to see it. Below 68 on the AT means feed higher carb food and and she has earned a 0.25 unit dose reduction. She might be still in normal cat numbers, just lower than we like her to be while on insulin. Since you are following SLGS for dosing (due to dry food), anything below 90 means a reduction.

5. Izzy2017

Izzy2017 Member

I changed the permissions, let me know if you cannot see it, please? Sophie is doing well this morning, BS was high but we expected that. Thank you for your help @Wendy&Neko ~sue

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, I can read the spreadsheet now. :) Sorry about today's bounce. It looks like the change in dry food is having a positive effect.

A favour to ask on the spreadsheet, instead of putting the time in the units column, which makes it harder to read, could you add a second column beside the units, and put the time in there.

A couple comments for you. First, if you are feeding dry food, that means following SLGS for dosing, and that says not shot if below 90. So last night your options were to delay the shot until she was above 90, or skip. She would have earned the reduction for that 79 anyway. And don't forget those weekly curves.