Prayers needed for Yoda - update!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kelly & Oscar, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Scroll down for bloodwork numbers!

We ran Yoda's bloodwork again yesterday to see how he is recovering. His thread about his first bloodwork is here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=17596&p=175947

All I have is a voicemail right now saying that some values are better, but it still shows that he is anemic. I am hoping that means that his kidney values are better. I will have to wait until Monday to call in and see how much the test is to see what kind of anemia he has. I really hope it is not too terribly expensive. Has anyone had to have this test done and know roughly how much it cost?

The vet said yesterday that he is pretty sure Yoda's swollen lymph node under his jaw is due to his teeth and strongly suggests another dental for him.

We need lots of prayers, healing vines, what ever you have to send to us to hope that his anemia is regenerative and easy to treat!!!!!!!

Yoda is a DCIN sponsored kitty - I know we are taking up a fair amount of funds for his dental and blood work - I am sure Venita would welcome any donations specifically for Yoda if you have the ability to give.

I have been praying since I heard the message. Spread the word - we need all the healing vibes we can get! cat_pet_icon

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: Prayers needed for Yoda

(((Kelly))) ..[​IMG]lots of healing vines for Yoda!!

keep us posted.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Yoda...

4. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Kelly, you are doing a great job with Yoda. I'm sorry the news wasn't better.

Healing vines (and vibes!) on the way for Yoda!

5. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers coming Yoda's way !!!

6. Lynncat

Lynncat Member

Prayers from me too.

Lynn

7. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Prayers and Angels coming to your house to help Yoda He will be fine LOL Kath :mrgreen:

8. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Sending healing thoughts for Yoda -- vines, snowflakes, prayers, white light. And hugs.

9. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Kelly, I sent you an email earlier this morning. We need to have a phone chat about Yoda and where to go from here in rebuilding his health. Yes, DCIN could use funds specifically for Yoda, but it does have some general funds it can use.

10. Kelly & Oscar

Already emailed you back Venita!

Yoda shows few signs of anemia - the only one I can pick out is a possible raised heart rate. I can always feel his little heart flying when I pick him up and his gums are a bit pale. But he eats all the time, runs and romps, and is gaining weight still. His values last blood work were just outside the low range on all 3 (RBC, hemoglobin, hemocrit). Once I find out the actual numbers tomorrow - that will tell us a lot. I don't know if Lynne's comment that some values have improved mean that any of the above 3 values are better, but some still show anemia. If that is the case, then he might just improve all on his own.

I almost wish that she hadn't of left the voicemail because this anticipation is nerve wracking!

11. Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout

Deanie and Boo (GA) and Scout Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a reticulocyte count? That will only tell you if the anemia is regenerative or non-regenerative. It doesn't help to classify any specific type of anemia. Does the vet have any ideas of the cause?

A retic count shouldn't be very expensive but they should have just called and added it on to the previous bloodwork. Actualy, knowing he was already anemic, they should have requested it from the start. Now that sample is too old and he would need to be redrawn.

12. Kelly & Oscar

Thanks for the info on that - yes the main goal right now is to find out if it is regenerative or non-regenerative. I asked them about that test and the cost before they even drew the blood, but the vet doubted that he was still anemic and didn't know how much it cost off the top of his head.

Yoda will love another trip to the vet lol. Now that he feels better - he pees in the carrier within 2 min of being placed in the car both there and coming back because he is scared :lol:

13. Kelly & Oscar

Got the bloodwork results back. Here is what has changed as far as what was out of normal range:

.................6/18 ...... 7/10
    glucose:.......412..........152
    Na/K ratio:...30........... 34 (normal 32-41)
    RBC:..........5.6...........5.5 (normal 5.92-9.93)
    HGB:.........8.7............8.8 (normal 9.3 - 15.9)
    HCT:.........24.............23 (normal 29 - 48)
    MCHC:.......37.............39 (normal 30-38)

He still has soft poo, so we started adding forti flora to his food this evening to see if that helps. Vet told us that she thinks the anemia should have turned around by now or shown some improvement, but I am still not sure that it isn't because of the dehydration/malnutrition.

14. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Sending more prayers & Angels your way Yoda will be ok just keep believing and he will be ok... Lots of healing vines and green light to be aroung him for healing ArchAngel Rapheal the healing Angel >>>picture emeral green light around ;-) :D :mrgreen: him ....LOL kath

15. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

It's only been a few weeks, right? I'm still thinking it's all about the malnutrition...good food (check), safe environment (check), lots of lovies (double check), and time...it'll come right.

YAY for you for turning this boy's life around. Nicely, nicely done. Tell Yoda that Eeyore says "hi." ;-)

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.