Prayers Pls - Saoirse Intraocular Bleed - SUNDAY UPDATE: Nausea Reduced, Eating Again, Eyelids Puffy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Critter Mom, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mum of two felines

Mum of two felines Member

Can you call your vet? Does he/she have an after hours contact number?

2. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU KNOW!!!! pull from deep inside Mogs....

3. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Prayers, prayers and more prayers. She is trying to be strong for you and she needs you to do the same. This is hard as hell but YOU WILL BOTH GET THROUGH THIS!!

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

She's crying on and off.

Called the vet. Same thing: check her BG (already done - hated that I needed to test her while she's like this - 8.4mmol/L on Alphatrak). Keep her quiet, and offer her water.

:(

5. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

OK, her BG is fine. And she's used to being tested - that won't be distressing her. If she'll drink some water, that might well make her feel better. You're going to get through this. It will be morning soon and you can take her to your regular vet as soon as they open.

6. Critter Mom

It's the PTSD, April. I'm fighting it as hard as I can but the adrenal surge from the shock and worry has me in a complete mess. It's not something I have direct control over. Not excusing; just explaining.

7. Critter Mom

April, it is our regular practice; they do their own out of hours service.

I feel so powerless right now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  8. manxcat419

I know you're fighting Mogs. And you're doing really, really well. And you can do this - you just have to hold it together a little longer. And we're here for you - everyone here is sending healing thoughts and love for both of you. You're stronger than you know - you've proved that already tonight. And you're going to keep proving it until you can get Saoirse back in for more tests...all of us here on the board have faith in you.

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. Critter Mom

Had an emergency examination earlier. Just called again (see post at bottom of page 1).

10. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless this pet. By the power of your love, enable it to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures! Amen.

--

Franciscan prayer
    Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Love-Family/Pets/Multifaith-Prayers-For-Animals.aspx#8ErUsqCcWLHTh6tE.99

11. Critter Mom

I'm so relieved and so grateful you're all here. I'd be doing even worse without you all.

manxcat419 likes this.
  12. Julia Rae

Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless this pet. By the power of your love, enable it to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures! Amen.

--

Franciscan prayer
    Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Love-Family/Pets/Multifaith-Prayers-For-Animals.aspx#8ErUsqCcWLHTh6tE.99

13. Critter Mom

My confirmation name is Frances for St. Francis of Assisi. I chose to be named after him because he was kind and because he loved animals and they loved him.

14. jayla-n-Drevon

Mogs, only a few hours left until morning --you got this...your not alone...

manxcat419 and Critter Mom like this.
  15. Critter Mom

@Julia Rae - Thank you for the reference to St. Francis. It has calmed me down a little. :bighug:

jayla-n-Drevon and Julia Rae like this.
  16. Julia Rae

Hugs something said that this was needed hope it gives you comfort and know we all have faith in you and believe in you. You can do this Mogs you just dont see it now

jayla-n-Drevon and Critter Mom like this.
  17. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You're doing everything you can Mogs

Put your hands on her (or even just close to her)....visualize healing light pouring into her....take deep, regular breaths

We're all pulling for you and sending prayers, vines and healing energy your way
    healing light.jpg

18. Critter Mom

Thank you all for helping me to stay awake so I can watch over my girl.

Thank you for praying for us and sending positive and healing thoughts to my baby. I love her so much.

19. manxcat419

You're doing an awesome job there Mogs. Let yourself feel the love and healing thoughts we're all sending you. You're almost there - it's only a couple of hours until morning now. I know you feel as though you're falling apart, but you've been a tower of strength for Saoirse tonight and that is making all the difference for her.

Critter Mom and jayla-n-Drevon like this.
  20. Julia Rae

We all believe in you Mogs we all know you can do this

Critter Mom and manxcat419 like this.
  21. jayla-n-Drevon

in the UK is almost 6 am ?? what time does your vet open up Mogs?

22. Critter Mom

23. Critter Mom

Had to go to the bathroom. I really didn't like having to leave the room. I put the kettle on so I could make another cup of tea.

Saoirse's a little more settled at the moment (anti-jinx, anti-jinx).

24. Critter Mom

My stomach's in bits.

25. Critter Mom

My heart is in worse shape.

26. manxcat419

It's good that Saoirse has settled a little for you (anti-jinx). The calmer and quieter she can be for now, the better. I know you're in bits, but remember she's calmer now and that's because you've been looking after her so well. More tea is good - it really does help.

27. jayla-n-Drevon

Very good that she has settled Mogs--she sees your strength ...
    No doubt you will both need a nap soon....

28. Julia Rae

I am so relived that she has settled a bit... this is a good thing and you can now settle a bit my advise is go cuddle next to her with your tablet, laptop or what ever near if you want and just be with her and share your energy with her.

manxcat419 and jayla-n-Drevon like this.
  29. Critter Mom

If I move nearer her it's upsetting her. I'm talking to her from the sofa. I keep telling her that I'm here with her.

It is agonising to see her unwell.

30. manxcat419

If she wants you to talk to her from a little distance away, that's fine too. Just keep talking - it's helping her even if you can't see the effect easily.

Critter Mom likes this.
  31. Julia Rae

Yes I understand this luv.. trust me I do, perhaps she is trying to protect you from feeling her pain and fear Mogs??? Cats are far more intuned with energy and feelings then us humans..

manxcat419 likes this.
  32. Critter Mom

I don't know what I'd do right now if you all weren't here with us. I wouldn't be awake. I'm so grateful to you all. :bighug:

I'm definitely in shock. Very shivery, and absolutely shattered.

33. manxcat419

That's shock for sure Mogs. But you've got this. Just think 10 minutes at a time - you can survive anything for 10 more minutes. :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  34. Julia Rae

Hugs..you are stronger than you know Mogs wrap a warm blanket around yourself and have faith in yourself, us and Saoirse...

manxcat419 likes this.
  35. Critter Mom

I'll hang onto that thought, April.

manxcat419 likes this.
  36. Critter Mom

I've put on a little cardigan. Can't do the blanket - afraid I'd fall asleep under it.

37. Julia Rae

I understand...

38. Critter Mom

I am so scared.

39. Critter Mom

For my baby.

40. manxcat419

She's going to make it. You both are. I know you're scared, but you and Saoirse are both strong and you're going to get through this. She's made it this far and she's even settled down a bit - I think that's a very positive sign.

Critter Mom likes this.
  41. Julia Rae

As mean or what ever this might seem luv... she needs your strength, love and faith not your fear. You need to picture her strong, healthy and well I know thisis hard but it needs to be done pack up your fear, put it in a box with a big sticker saying open in 2 months and heal your fur baby.. YOU CAN DO THIS!

42. Critter Mom

Trying to drink the cup of tea but it's making my stomach feel worse again. Can't stop shaking.

43. manxcat419

Just take really small sips of the tea - it will help, but it's not always easy to feel that it's helping. If nothing else, the warmth from it will help. And focus on nice, steady breathing...if you can do it, in to a count of 4 and out to a count of 4 really does help to calm that sick, shaky feeling.

Critter Mom likes this.
  44. Critter Mom

Doesn't seem mean at all, Julia. That's why I'm so angry about the PTSD/OCD right now. It savages your former ability to control fear.

45. manxcat419

Angry is actually a good thing to be - in situations like this, it can be healthier than fear and it gives you the strength to fight.

Critter Mom likes this.
  46. Julia Rae

I understand fear Mogs other than short bouts out side and when I have no choice I am a shut in. Trust me I understand fear and what it does to a body and a mind.

47. Critter Mom

It saddens me very much to hear that, Julia. I'm a shut-in, too. It's hard. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Julia Rae likes this.
  48. Critter Mom

Found some mints.

manxcat419 likes this.
  49. Julia Rae

Yes it is and we will survive, this is why I say and do what I do I understand exactly what your feeling. How your mind and body seem/feel trapped in a frozen fog/mud unable to think or move. BUT YOU CAN DO IT! If you force yourself to and trust me you will pay for this later that too I know but that is later this is now and she needs YOU to do this so do it! :bighug: :bighug:

50. Julia Rae

Woot a step forward to self care

Critter Mom likes this.
  51. Critter Mom

Thank you for sharing your strength with me, Julia. :bighug: Thank you all. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I would not be vertical right now without all you're doing to help me help my baby.

manxcat419 likes this.
  52. Critter Mom

Need the bathroom again. BRB ...

53. Julia Rae

Hugs it is an honor to be of help that is why we are here is to help each other and our fur children...Thank you for allowing me into help you!

Critter Mom likes this.
  54. manxcat419

That says it beautifully. We all love all the furkids here and we all want to help wherever we can.

Critter Mom and Julia Rae like this.
  55. Critter Mom

I can't put into words how much I appreciate you all being here for us. I am struggling so badly.

56. manxcat419

You might be struggling, but you're winning. You're still here, you're still awake and watching over Saoirse. We can support all we like but you're the one right there on the front line and you're doing this. :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  57. Julia Rae

Hugs your more than welcome, what time does your vet open there and do you have a ride to get there??

58. Critter Mom

You might not be here physically, April, but you're all very much with me on the front line. :bighug:

I'm really worried about the next 90 minutes. Being 'nearly there' I'm petrified that my subconscious will drop its guard, the adrenalin will shut off and I'll pass out. Bit like when you only have one stop to go on a train or bus and you nod off.

manxcat419 likes this.
  59. Julia Rae

Oh ya that I do... oh boy do I know but you can also look at it as this your only 90 min out and the race is close to its finish... will the vet alow you to rest there???

60. manxcat419

You won't. Not today. Remember, 10 minutes at a time...just stay alert for 10 more minutes. You're so nearly there the time will start going quicker now.

Critter Mom likes this.
  61. Critter Mom

They open at 8:30 am. I can't get transport because all the local taxis will be doing school runs at that time.

The vet wanted me to bring Saoirse in at 9:30 am, but I think I'm going to have to bring her in earlier than that. I hate the thought of leaving her at the vets while they do the diagnostics. Maybe they'd be calmer around her than me at the moment?

62. manxcat419

I would take her as soon as they open if you can. They may not officially open until 8:30, but if they do any sort of surgery, chances are there'll be someone on-site by 8:00 at the latest. Tell them you've had NO sleep at all and you can't stay awake until 9:30. Depending on what diagnostics they want to do, you might not be able to stay with her - if they need to do X-rays or similar then they can't have you in the room. But if you could maybe use that time to get a little sleep and recharge your batteries so you can be there for her when they're done, that might help you to get through the rest of the day too.

63. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

Still watching over you Mogs. Not great at saying supportive things but I think if you're that scared of passing out, then you should let that fear keep you awake
    Sending so many prayers the space station can see them zooming over the Atlantic
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

64. Critter Mom

BTW, the practice is only a few minutes walk away (not a small distance in agoraphobics' miles). I moved into the centre of town so that I would not be reliant on motor transport in an emergency.

65. Critter Mom

Thank you, Andy. And ^this^ is very supportive and comforting. :bighug:

Andy & Pimp likes this.
  66. Julia Rae

LOL I love that agoraphobics' miles, is it related to social phobia's??

67. manxcat419

You've got this far - you can make that walk as well...for Saoirse, I really think you can do anything. I'm glad it's not any further though - even that few minutes must feel like a long way when it's difficult to be outside at all.

Critter Mom likes this.
  68. Critter Mom

That's what I was thinking, April. To look after her I need to get some sleep. I have no reserves to fall back on.

Julia Rae and manxcat419 like this.
  69. manxcat419

You really do. You can't help her if you make yourself ill by not sleeping. Even just a couple of hours would make a real difference.

70. Critter Mom

Agoraphobics' miles is how I describe the phenomenon where distances stretch in proportion to the square of how scary and overwhelming it is for one to be outside the house.

I had to make the walk tonight. I'll do it again in ... (anti-jinx) ... several bundles of 10 minutes from now.

Feel so sick.

My Bonnie Munchkin is tucked away under the table. I gave her some very, very light and gentle caresses. She's facing away and I didn't want to disturb her so I also gently rubbed her ear to check her response and she twitched it OK.

manxcat419 and Julia Rae like this.
  71. Critter Mom

I really am fit to collapse right now. It will be all I can do to get Saoirse over to the vet. Even in terms of adrenalin I'm running on fumes.

72. Julia Rae

Yes.. I so love that description.. mind if I steal it??? sounds as if the lil goddess was napping that is a good thing.

73. manxcat419

That's great to hear - she's responsive which is always good. :) You're going to get this done...less than an hour now...just 6 lots of 10 minutes - probably only 5 before you leave the house. :bighug:

I can well imagine. I don't suffer from agoraphobia, but I always seem to run on very low reserves...I never get quite enough sleep. So just one sleepless night can throw me off for a week. You need that sleep, and once Saoirse is with the vet and being looked after...someone else to watch over her for a few hours...hopefully you can get some. :bighug: :bighug:

74. Critter Mom

Forgot to mention that one of your earlier comments made me think of beta blockers. I'm going to take a small dose of propranolol just before leaving the house to maybe help with the heart palpitations while I get to the vet. (Very embarrassing earlier; my tongue was literally sticking to the roof of my mouth. And I had to ask to use the loo. Twice. :oops:)

75. manxcat419

I think that's a good idea. The calmer you can be at the vet and on the walk there the better. You do want to be relaxed enough to sleep when you get back home.

76. Julia Rae

April.. I am rapidly coming up on the 20 hour mark of being up and finding myself drifting to sleep sitting up right.... Can you see Mogs through to her vet visit??

77. manxcat419

Of course I can. I'll be awake for another hour yet at least. Go get some sleep and thanks for your help tonight. :bighug:

Andy & Pimp likes this.
  78. Julia Rae

Thanks much... and glad to be of what assistance I was.. blessed be both of you and keep us up to date on what is happing ok??? please

manxcat419 likes this.
  79. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Oh Mogs... I can absolutely understand how scared you are... Take deep breaths and hold on to the power of this board and the power of prayer... It has been shown many times what a difference these make. I think anything else I could say would just repeat what others have said but I would just reiterate the need to look after yourself... Try not to let your baby feel your panic... You can do this...
    Our friends in the US may be ready for bed soon but here in the UK we are taking over the reins and sending you fervent positive thoughts...
    (((((((Mogs)))))))

Diana

80. Critter Mom

I'm so sorry to hear that you have difficulties with sleep deprivation too, April. The cumulative effect of it is awful.

I appreciate even more what you're doing to help us tonight. Can't put into words how much ...

manxcat419 likes this.
  81. manxcat419

You're so very welcome. I would have been awake anyway - my problem tends to be not being able to get to sleep at a reasonable hour so I'm always awake until fairly late. And I'm so glad to be able to help. :bighug::bighug:

82. Critter Mom

That's the state I was in when I posted for help.

Thank you so very much for being there for us, Julie, and for your prayers for my baby girl. No way to express how much it means ...

83. Critter Mom

Oh, thank you, Diana. I am very glad you're here. :bighug:

Starting to cry now from the exhaustion. Telling Saoirse it's just tiredness. My heart is sore. So hard not being able to do something to soothe her.

84. manxcat419

You are doing something for her - you're doing everything! You must be beyond exhausted at this point but you're so very nearly there - you've made it for your baby. :bighug::bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  85. Diana&Tom

Time for a cup of hot sweet tea perhaps? And a little nibble on something to keep your strength up? Try very hard to concentrate on deep breathing and keep saying to yourself 'All will be well' over and over and over...

86. Critter Mom

Great suggestions, Diana, but my stomach's in bits. So anxious I've been feeling like I want to throw up all night. I did manage to get some sweet tea down earlier.

87. Diana&Tom

Thought you might say that Mogs but bear it in mind and try if you can. Even a little biscuit or a couple of bites of toast and honey... As well as the energy, it might help to give your brain the sense that 'everything is ok'... And maybe the act of trying to eat would give you another focus for a short while... You just need to stay as calm as you possibly can.
    Also maybe start doing some positive visualisations of the vet visit... I would be just as scared as you but the stronger you can be the better... Your baby needs you to stay strong for her...

manxcat419 likes this.
  88. Critter Mom

Managed to organise a taxi for just after 9am.

Andy & Pimp and manxcat419 like this.
  89. Critter Mom

I've asked if they can keep Saoirse in for a while till I get some sleep and they said yes. I hate the thought of not being physically with her but I'll be no good to her at all without some sleep.

Still want to throw up. I'm so scared for both of us. I wish I was stronger for her. I love her with all my heart.

manxcat419 and Diana&Tom like this.
  90. Critter Mom

Taking a beta blocker. BRB.

91. Diana&Tom

I'm glad you're thinking practically, Mogs... Saoirse will be in good hands at the vets. Can you take in a cushion or a jumper of yours or something that has the scent of home for her?

92. manxcat419

You are strong for her. Look how much you've done for her tonight! Needing to sleep isn't a sign of weakness - it's a basic need. I'm glad the vet is going to help you so you can get some rest.

Critter Mom likes this.
  93. Nancy and Scotty

Nancy and Scotty Member

I work from home and was very busy last night so just saw this, I am praying and thinking every good thought I can for you, I hope the beta blocker is making you feel a little better, no cat ever had a mom who loved her more than Saoirse.

Critter Mom likes this.
  94. Jeanne & Dottie

Jeanne & Dottie Member

Hang in there, Moglet. I'm sorry I didn't log in before now. You can do this.

Critter Mom likes this.
  95. manxcat419

Mogs, I hope you're on your way to the vet with Saoirse now. I'm about falling asleep here, but I see you have other people here now to keep an eye out in case you need anything. When you've got some sleep and you know more from your vet, please update us with how Saoirse's getting on. You've done the most awesome job tonight - no-one could have looked after Saoirse better than you have. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  96. Jeanne & Dottie

Jeanne & Dottie Member

Waiting to hear from you, Mogs. You're the best catmom ever. Even if Saoirse is at the vets you can maintain contact with her in your mind. We'll all go there too. Visualise a nice, warm sun, and you both sitting in a sunny window. Feel her breathing. Close your eyes and don't think about anything else.. We are with you in spirit.

Critter Mom and Diana&Tom like this.
  97. Critter Mom

Back from vet - just catching up on posts. Update shortly. Need to try to stop crying. So scared. My baby.

I brought in a worn t-shirt and jumper plus one of her fleecy blankets that all have my scent.

98. Critter Mom

Thank you for this, Jeanne. I'm picturing her little paw reaching out to rest on my arm to let me know that she loves me and that she knows I love her, too.

Mogmom and Goofus and Diana&Tom like this.
  99. Critter Mom

Thank you so much to everyone who helped us through the night. I would not have been able to keep going without you all. Can't put into words how grateful I am. 'Thank you' just doesn't go anywhere near communicating what it means to me. Thank you for saving me from being alone with all the fear. Thank you for your prayers and for sending healing thoughts to my beautiful baby.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

100. Critter Mom

Update: Saoirse at Vets for Tests

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE, PLEASE - IF YOU POST I BEG YOU NOT TO WRITE ANYTHING DOOM-LADEN.

I just could not handle it and it would make me completely unravel. I'm hanging on by my fingernails as it is. I need to do everything I can to stay in the Now. I am sure you will all understand this most heartfelt request. When any news comes I will deal with it then, not before. It will be time enough. I need to stay as positive as I can for my baby.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saoirse's affected eye has gone cloudy. :( Vet is going to try to dilate pupil to better see where the problem is. Could be diabetes related, could be inflammation in eye (uveitis), could be kidneys. Saoirse has always had such beautiful eyes. This is so hard.

Blood pressure is 175 (ref range 135-170). Saoirse was stressed and scared so vet doesn't know if it's a true picture. (Historically Saoirse reads very high at the vet. She read 140 during a home BP measurement at last check.)

Vet to run full panel with pancreas, liver, kidney and thyroid markers. If they can get a large enough sample they will test in house as well as sending a sample off to IDEXX for more accurate results.

The vet said it's a possibility that the slow gait and wobble during the night could possibly be vision-related.

Saoirse will stay with the vets while tests are done and I am to collect her later after I get some rest.

---

My baby is so scared and I wasn't able to soothe or comfort her. Agony. I love my Saoirse so much. I hurt to see her hurting. My baby.

I'm so scared. Can't stop crying. I'm in shock big time. Want to get tears out of way while the vets are minding Saoirse for me. Need to be in better shape for her.

Please continue to pray and think healing, comforting thoughts for my Saoirse. Thank you all for being there for us. Don't know what I'd do if you weren't.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    manxcat419 and Julia Rae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.