? Precision Xtra Ketone Monitor- Old model or New model?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by dman777, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dman777

dman777 Member

I was going to buy this ketone tester for my cat http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Glu...51851716&sr=1-1&keywords=Precision Xtra Blood because I can get it by Tuesday. I need it ASAP. But, I read in the reviews there is a old model and a newer model. The issue is that the ketone test strips that say no coding required won't work on the old model. Can anyone elaborate on this, please? Not sure what to do since I need to purchase one of these.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

It means you must purchase the matching test strips.

Have you got urine test strips? KetoStix, KetoDiaStix, or generic? Until you make a decision, you can use those on fresh urine specimens.

3. dman777

dman777 Member

ya, I got those already. I went ahead and just ordered one.

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Dman777,

Is your cat in an emergency situation right now? You've got the 911 alert up but it's not clear from your opening post whether the problem is urgent. If the problem is urgent, can you give us more information about the problem so that we might help better?

(If it's not urgent, it'd be great if you could use the thread tools on your opening post to edit the title and set the icon to a question mark. That way you'll still be highlighting your thread, but it won't send members into a panic! :) ).

Cheers,

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.