Prednisolone helped Bogie's Pancreas

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cattluvr49, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cattluvr49

Cattluvr49 New Member

Three weeks ago Bogie was diagnosed with lymphoma and put on Prednisolone. To quickly recap, Bogie was diagnosed with diabetes on October 8, 2014. We put him on Young Again Zero Carb food and he was OTJ 3 weeks later. Then he developed an ear infection and hematoma which required Tresaderm ear drops and surgery on Jan 2. He honeymooned 72 hours after stopping the Tresaderm but he was throwing up, hence the ultrasound and subsequent lymphoma diagnosis. At this point the vet only gives him 3-4 months to live and said to let him eat whatever he wants. I expected his BG numbers to be all over the place. Instead his BG's have been normal and he is back eating his grain free 30% dry food plus Classic FF. Vets think Prednisolone has reduced inflammation caused by lymphoma allowing his pancreas to work. Apparently diabetes was secondary to lymphoma.

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Imho, diabetes is often secondary to some underlying condition to be determined.

I am also dealing with a lymphoma or IBD diagnosis. They can not tell the difference by ultrasound only.
    Was Bogie's intestine thickened? Or did they actually find a mass?

Usually prednisolone will increase bg's....
    otoh, cancer eats sugar.

if it were me, I'd get a second opinion.
    I've had both diagnoses now.

Paws crossed that Bogey has more time than predicted.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.