? Predrawing Syringes - Vetsulin Insulin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Good morning all!
    My surgery is tomorrow, so I will not be able to give Lou his pm shot tomorrow and am shot on Friday (I have to stay overnight at the hospital). My husband Caleb has been practicing giving Lou his insulin, so he is ready to step in while I'm not able to. The problem is he's been struggling drawing up the necessary doses (the writing on the syringe is just too small). I think I've seen threads regarding predrawing other insulins, but I can't remember if anyone has addressed Vetsulin. Would it be okay for me to predraw the two syringes he'll need while I'm in the hospital? They'll be used within 24 hours.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

Hiya Amanda! Sending healing hugs and prayers for surgery tomorrow. :bighug::bighug: I don't knows the answer about pre drawing vetsulin, but am bumping this so you get an answer and Caleb can rock Loudogg's care while you're away. :bighug:
    BUMP

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  3. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

4. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Yes, syringes can be prefilled with Vetsulin. After filling you should store them on their side and to make sure the syringe is rolled to mix the insulin before injecting. If you store them upright it would be harder to mix before injection.

6. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hoping all goes smoothly tomorrow - for both you and Lou!

:bighug:

Mogs

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow! :bighug::)

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Thank you Heidi!!! And thank you so much for your help today! I appreciate the assists! :)

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  9. Amanda and a Loudogg

Thank you so much @Larry and Kitties!! I was hoping that was the case! And thank you Critter Mom and Kris for the well wishes! I can't wait to get this done and over with, haha! :joyful:

Kris & Teasel and Critter Mom like this.
  10. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Couldn't have you go into surgery worried about DH and Loudogg! So glad @Larry and Kitties told you what to do. Hope all goes well tomorrow at home and hospital. See you when you get back! :bighug:

11. nmveasey

nmveasey Member

Good luck with surgery! I hope you have a speedy recovery! There should not be an issue pre drawing the syringes.

12. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

@Amanda and a Loudogg

Good luck, dear Amanda!
    Wishing you a quick recovery. ((((Healing hugs)))) :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Eliz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.