Preparing for tomorrow's vet visit

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Ana & Frosty (GA), May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ana & Frosty (GA) Well-Known Member

So, I am putting together a folder for the vet, as well as for myself for tomorrow. I have all of Frosty's bloodwork starting from the shelter, all of his vet records, 7 pages of glucose records, a printout of the SLGS protocol ALONG WITH an abstract of the Roomp/Rand article on TR... just in case he questions why I am adjusting his insulin on my own, lol. and I have a printout of his labs from the SS for myself (with highlights of the values I want to ask about, I.e. the amylase/lipase)... I think I will also print out a case study from Dr. Mark E. Peterson's website for my own knowledge of the dosing of the dexamethasone suppression test... I think this vet is gonna hate me LOL. I am so nervous, mostly for the 1 hour drive there and back. Wish me luck.

In other news, Frosty's sugars are back up again after we went back down to 2.5 units. Since tomorrow will be busy, I am planning on doing a curve on Sunday, and if it continues to be high, I am probably going back up to 2.75 units. I guess we will see what happens...

:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Ana

Amanda and a Loudogg and JeffJ like this.
  2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You're well prepared! Wishing you luck, but you won't need it. You'll be fine.
    Take care and update once you're settled in back at home.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

You are really prepared. Some vets are okay with us changing dose, and some are not. My vet is fine with it. When they realize you have invested a lot of time and research understanding diabetes and how to track the effects of dose changes, it softens the encounter. Most people are not like us on FDMB. They don't measure BG or track changes daily.

Frosty's BG numbers are looking great.

As a coincidence I'm going on a business trip to NYC in 2 weeks. It will be a nice break from the heat.

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  4. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Ha, I was gonna say "get ready for rain!" but now it's hot and humid here. Not sure which is worse, but who knows what next week will bring... Enjoy your trip!

I see you're from Texas. I was interviewing in Houston in October for a job a few years ago, and it was SO HOT that I realized I could never survive there, haha. I'm more of a winter person. I could go without any of this weather...

Hoping to get bloodwork results tomorrow.... ahhhh so nerve racking.

5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I hope so too. The waiting is always one of the worst parts. Were they sending out any of the tests or are they all being run in house?

6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Theresa and I have been in Austin since 1992. It gets hot a a little humid in the summer. I don't like it.

Houston is way worse. It is right near the Gulf of Mexico, and it is 90% humid there. So sweat doesn't evaporate and you always feel sticky whenever it is warm.

7. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Not sure. I’m also not convinced I will have them back that soon, but that’s what the girl st the desk said. I may have to call them and clarify tomorrow afternoon if I don’t hear anything.

8. Ana & Frosty (GA)

Yeah, that’s pretty much how it is here in NJ. One of the reasons I prefer winter haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.