Pretty Foots diabetes out of control on vetsulin - diagnosed Aug 2008

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Pretty Foots, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretty Foots

Pretty Foots New Member

Over the weekend he was hospitalized to get his blood sugar down. He lost another pound he couldn't afford and is battling a severe URI for more than two months off and on. At the hospital his BG was 700 when he arrived. They did two days of curves want me to do 2 units U100 Vetsulin. He was on 3 units earlier this year and went down to 2 units a few months ago before the URI.

He gained a pound since release ate 2 cans Purina DM the 1st day he was released. I give him 75 ml fluids twice a day. He had energy to greet me at the door at 6pm (+10 hours) ate some Hills a/d. By 7:30 he was so tired he is sleeping in the sink curled up looking awful.

Vet said Lantus is best. I do my curves with Relion Confirm. He is azithromycin for the URI and doxycycline. Mirtazapine for appetite every other day.

Pretty Foots is 15 years old never had diabetes out of control like since Vet saved him from ketoacidosis August 2008. Started on vetsulin until taken off market. Tried Humulin went hypo 3 times. Back on Vetsulin over a year ago.

Your advice greatly appreciated.
    DJ and Pretty Foots

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.Its great you can home test. Can you give us some examples of his customary pre-shot tests or a typical curve or nadir for him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.