Pretty Girl - 12/16 - AMPS 184 - PMPS 457

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JeanW, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JeanW

JeanW Member

Most recent condo - Wednesday, 12/12

I didn't realize it had been so many days since I had posted.

It seems that Pretty Girl cleared the bounce or whatever it was (from earlier in the week) as of yesterday.

I fell asleep the last 2 nights before doing a "before bed" BG test. Trying to stay awake tonight.

As stated above her AMPS was 184. How do I get over my fear of shooting numbers under 200? Do I give a smaller dose on those days?

Pretty Girl seemed REALLY good all day today until about 2 hours or so before PMPS. And then still didn't seem bad - I could just tell that she was probably high.

I had planned to do a curve today but didn't since it wasn't a normal day.

Hope all of y'all had a great Sunday! :bighug:

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Honestly, you just prepare for those days and then do it when you can be there to test. Remember that Lantus works best at keeping kitties' BG flat instead of pulling down those high BGs. I really think you need to try shooting those blues and see where it takes Pretty Girl. You might be surprised. The best thing to do is to make sure you have plenty of strips, MC and HC food (15-20%), and balls of steel. :cool: I know how scary it is, believe me. But you'll never know how she reacts until you try it. Just read up and/or print out the hypo instructions so you're prepared just in case. Also post and someone online can be here to help you if you need it. Pretty Girl's BGs are so high in general. It would be great to see what she could do with a lower start. I've been where you are, but you can see I shoot at much lower numbers than I ever thought I would. Obviously we're following TR protocol, so we have a lower shoot number, but you can see what I mean. The only way I got to the point where I could shoot those low BGs is to try it and see where it took him. I wish you luck Jean. I know you can do this!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

JeanW likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Amanda.....it would have been great to shoot that 184 this morning if you were going to be home to test and had all the supplies you need.

Shooting those lower numbers is one of the most important keys to getting somewhere and the only way you're going to get over your fear of shooting them is to just do it when you have the chance to do it safely.

Remember, there's always someone here to help if you run into trouble!!

JeanW likes this.
  4. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you both. I'll remember this and try it at the next opportunity.