PrettyLitter

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by cmonmiracle, Mar 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmonmiracle

cmonmiracle Member

I just saw an ad for PrettyLitter, which claims to detect certain health issues in cats (e.g. UTIs). Does anyone here use it?

[​IMG]

EDIT: Oops, just saw the other thread on this. Sorry!

Sylvie likes this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

HERES a thread about it.

ETA though I just read it and there’s not much info:confused:

cmonmiracle likes this.
  3. cmonmiracle

cmonmiracle Member

Sharon14 likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I know I commented somewhere on this. My vet gave me a bag to test for him. His only comment was he wished it would show glucose.

Anyways, I tried it. It does not clump. It will only indicate by changing color that something is wrong. It does not tell you what is wrong. It's to expensive to use daily and as your permanent litter of choice. However if you suspect there might be a problem as I said it's a good indicator so you can make a vet appointment.

I suspected a problem with one of my civvies as someone was going outside the box. Narrowed it down to Tux but low and behold he would not go in that litter. The other 2 did and the color was normal. Nothing was found with Tux and he stopped going outside box. That's a cat for you.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Here's what I said about it on one of the older threads: The color-changing aspect is cool, but it did not last as long as they say, and it became very GROSS. You stir in the urine, and after several days of that, it was just nasty and stinky. It is too expensive to be so short-lived. I ended up trying and LOVING Okocat clumping wood litter. I think the PrettyLitter can be good to have on hand if you want to do a check and make sure there is nothing going on with the cat's urine, but I would never recommend it as litter for normal, continuous use.

cmonmiracle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.