pricked myself with my cats needle

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by stan_disuko, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stan_disuko

stan_disuko Member

i can't be the first one, but a cursory search of the board didn't reveal anything...

anyway, i accidentally pricked myself in the finger with my cats needle. i didn't squeeze the plunger so no insulin was released, but the needle-head probably had a little bit of insulin on it.

is this something to be concerned with? i threw out that needle and used a new one on eddie.

thanks.

2. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

I doubt that the tiny drop of insulin that may have been on the tip would be dangerous. Unless you have some underlying medical condition. Or maybe if you're pregnant. You can always test yourself with your meter to make sure.

3. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

No problem at all.

But you may want to eat large quantities of chocolate today ... just to be safe. ;-)

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

It happens to all of us. I use to do it when putting the cap back on the syringe, sometimes the darn thing would go in sideways and through the plastic into my unsuspecting finger! talk about ouch!

I didn't take the advice that Karen offered and eat lots of chocolate. Darn, wish I had....but if I got enough blood from it, I'd test myself just to see where I'm at.... :lol:

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Been there, done that. No adverse outcomes, so unless the needle was contaminated with a pathogen, you're going to be fine.

Chocolate does sound like an excellent idea, though!

6. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Also done it several times and I am fine, and it have also given me empathy with Simba how the needle must feel at him. He handles it a lot better being stuck by the needle than I sure do :lol:

7. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

My favorite is when I prick myself with the lancet after pricking Tucker, but I have done the needle in the finger too. Ditto the extra chocolate today, any excuse for that :lol:

8. stan_disuko

stan_disuko Member

OOWWWW...i've done that as well, but with the lancet! yeah that *really* hurts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.