Primal Freeze Dried Raw Recall List

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doodles & Karen, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

If you're feeding Primal Freeze Dried, please look at the attached list of recalls.

To All Primal Pet Foods Consumers:
    Through a recent product quality review process, we have determined that 5 specific Primal Canine and Feline Freeze-Dried Poultry Formulas were produced outside of our grind size specification of 1/8” which we have determined is the ideal size of ground bone to be fed to dogs and cats. The products in question were ground at 1/4” or 1/8” deviation from our specification.
    As these products do not meet our precise specifications, we are reque...sting that these specific products and lot codes be returned to the Primal retailer at which the product was originally purchased for full credit. In the case whereby you are unable to return the product directly to the retailer, please contact our customer service team using the information below to process a product reimbursement.
    Primal Customer Service: 866-566-4652 EXT. 2 or by email at support@primalpetfoods.com
    Please refer to the attached list for the items in question.
    We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you and your pet(s). Please contact our Customer Service Team with any questions, comments and or concerns.
    Best Regards,
    Matthew R. Koss
    President, Founder
    Primal Freeze Dried Recall List.png

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Thank you. I have s bag that fortunately I haven’t opened.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  3. SMM

SMM Member

Thank for this, I've just started with some Primal as a treat more or less, but it's Beef and Salmon, not on the list. The company is extremely helpful when you have questions.

4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

You should be able to return it for credit or refund. I took back unopened raw frozen that Gizmo decided he didn't like (anymore) and they exchanged it no questions asked.

5. Doodles & Karen

Luckily the on I have doesn’t have the any of those lot numbers.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  6. Doodles & Karen

@tiffmaxee even if it was opened they would still give a refund.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  7. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

@Doodles & Karen, would you mind posting this on the Main Health forum? It might be helpful for folks in the other forums to know about it too.

8. tiffmaxee

I know. I just got the recall. One of mine had trouble with a few bone pieces in Small Batch. She was able to cough them up and they didn’t look that big so it’s good they recalled the food. I wrote to Small Batch but never got a reply.

9. Doodles & Karen

Yikes!!! So glad they’re ok

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Holy cow. I can’t believe they didn’t respond......Small Batch is supposed to be a good company but not responding is not ok.

I’m glad the girls are ok.

11. tiffmaxee

@Marje and Gracie The store where I bought the Primal was even worse. First the manager said it must not be a legitimate email. I calmly explained that I had emailed the company. He reluctantly said I could exchange it. All the turkey bags on the shelf were the recalled lot so I took a different protein as the CEO assured me there were no others recalled. The manager was texting and said he would wait for a directive to remove it from the shelves. I was outraged. I will never return to that store. I wrote the owners but have not gotten a reply. The Primal CEO didn’t get it that I was upset not because the manager didn’t know but rather at his unprofessional reaction and that he was going to continue to sell it! I then went to another store to buy some frozen. They knew of the recall and had already removed the bags.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.